“The best way to see Vancouver”

The Vancouver Trolley Company
Vancouver Trolley Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Ranked #44 of 161 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Vancouver Trolley Company's Hop-On, Hop-Off City Attractions Tour is the easiest way for visitors to enjoy Vancouver's most popular areas, including: Stanley Park, Chinatown, Gastown and Granville Island. The tour features a live and informative commentary and 35 stops so you have the opportunity to learn what makes Vancouver such a spectacular and special city.
Toronto, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“The best way to see Vancouver”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I enjoyed my trip on the Trolleys, the drivers are excellent guides and they have great knowledge of everything on the city, they even go the extra mile to bring you back to your hotel if you are late or on the last trip( as in my case on Sunday Feb 10). Thanks to the trolley driver's ability(dont remember his name) I could take a picture of the Vancouver hockey players exiting the stadium!. The trolleys have tall glass windows( no scratches on them) so it will allow you to catch an excellent view up or down. I recommend it and will take the tour again next time we go to Vancouver

Visited February 2013

• Arabic first
New York City, New York
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Excellent sightseeing, well versed driver-guides.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hop on hop off tour service goes through all of Vancouver's major attractions and lets you skip to the ones that you really want visit, while allowing you to simply relegate the others as a "drive by" with a guided narration. Good for tourists with a limited time to see the city, such as those stepping off from their cruise ship.

While I was there, they were quite punctual with the published departure & arrival times at each stop. However, I came during the winter low season. I was told that in the summer, you might have to deal with waiting at a stop only to find a fully packed bus that can no longer accommodate other tourists (although this can happen with any tour bus company you go with during high season).

All the bus driver guides we encountered were quite knowledgeable with all the sights, and unlike a trolley company in Singapore operating a similar service (the companies are said to be completely unaffiliated), the trolley/bus was driven at the proper sightseeing speed and was personally narrated (not just some recorded stuff).

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is why the driver/guides often have a predilection to discuss property values of the various neighborhoods we'd drive through. We're tourists, not realtors!

Visited January 2013
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Love the trolleys!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have only been on this one once for the Haunted Trolley Tour of Vancouver and it was a fun adventure! I wouldn't mind going on them again in the near future and recommend this to visitors outside Canada and they may love this way of sightseeing!!

Australia
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Only okay”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The route is fantastic and I expect that this is to be used by tourists like me who have no prior knowledge of Vancouver. The driver gives you a brief overview of each area and you are expected to then take your own personal tours once you get off the bus. Photo opportunities are non existent on the bus, you have to get off and then wait for the next trolley bus....I read the comments and was reluctant to do that.

The bus ride is 2.5 hrs long, we had a trolley bus with the hardest seats and no legroom I felt decidedly stiff when I got off.

But the highlight of my trip was seeing four yes four bald eagles (from a distance) and even a mum sitting on a nest. Now that should have been a photo opportunity not to be missed but the driver washable to stop as it was not a stop point on his route. But I know what I will be doing tomorrow yep taking photos of the eagles and heading up to the suspension bridge and mountains. Overall a good introduction but I do not think I will be using my second day pass as once was enough to get an idea of what to do.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awful experience”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and a friend's family used the Vancouver Trolley Company on 29 December 2012. Our driver was more interested in telling us about his living conditions and how expensive it is to live in Vancouver than about the sights or about the city itself. We got off at the first 'Granville Island stop' as we wanted to explore this area. The driver's directions to the ferry were way off course and when we eventually found it we were informed by the ferry captain that the trolley driver should have given us coupons for the ferry which we were entitled to as part of the ticket price. This he had failed to do, so we had to fork out again. After Granville Island we struggled to find the trolley stop in Yale Town - the stop was very poorly marked on their map - and when we did, the trolley merely slowed down at the stop and did not stop. We ended up having to walk from Yale Town to our hotel near Gas town. So ultimately we forked out for a very short, unpleasant ride. Never again!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank 123peapod
VanTrolley, Manager at The Vancouver Trolley Company, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear 123peapod,

On behalf of The Vancouver Trolley Company, I apologize for your disappointing experience on the Trolley. Please be assured that we appreciate all comments and take feedback such as yours very seriously.

We take all comments on our driver's commentary very seriously and we would like to know which driver you had so that we could follow up with him in regards to his commentary requirements. If you do not have the specifics of the driver please let us know the date and location you boarded the trolley so we can pinpoint via GPS.

Our apologies for the coupon book not being given to you when you first boarded the trolley. This is a requirement for all drivers and agents and we will be emphasizing this at our weekly meeting.

The Yaletown stop marked on our route map is challenging due to the number of streets and making the map markers and street names still visible to read. All map feedback is important to us especially from the readers and we implement wherever possible. As noted on the route map, Yaletown is a a Flag Stop and our trolleys stop when flagged down. I apologize for any confusion or if the driver did not see you.

To speak with me further on your experience with the Trolley, I would appreciate to hear from you anytime. I can be reached directly by telephone at 1.888.451.5581, ext 124 or by email at meghan@vancouvertrolley.com.

Please know that we at The Vancouver Trolley Company value our customers and strive to provide a high quality tour.

Meghan Neale