“Be ready to wait”

$47.21*
Vancouver Trolley Hop-On, Hop-Off Trolley Tour and Lookout Tower
$70.40*
and up
Vancouver Trolley Hop-On Hop-Off Tour,Lookout Tower and Vancouver Aquarium Combo
$114.73*
Vancouver Trolley Company Hop-On, Hop-Off and North Shore Attractions
Ranked #57 of 169 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Vancouver Trolley Company's Hop-On, Hop-Off City Attractions Tour is the easiest way for visitors to enjoy Vancouver's most popular areas, including: Stanley Park, Chinatown, Gastown and Granville Island. The tour features a live and informative commentary and 35 stops so you have the opportunity to learn what makes Vancouver such a spectacular and special city.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Expect this Trolley to be late--even for the first pick up of the day. I'm saying 50 minutes late. Oh, there will be an excuse. There was every time the trolley was behind schedule over the 2 days I tried to get my money's worth out of the prepaid ticket. If I could turn back time, I'd walk, rent a bike, or take a cab. Seriously, the Trolley doesn't show you anything that an energetic tourist could not get to on his/her own. Now I know.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

First day went like clockwork - no problems getting on a trolley.This was on a Tuesday. Second day - our "free" day on a Thursday - did not go so well. We had difficulty finding room to board trolley at 3 different stops. The "10 minute" promised wait for a back up one was more like 20-25 minutes. The driver was snotty when we voiced objection, and was not smart enough to ask those waiting "who was here first?", so those that clamored ahead got on, while those older and/or slower folks were left behind. I'd hate to try it on the weekend! There are many other trolley companies and next time I'll try one of them!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Anywhere we travel, we always hop on some sort of bus tour to learn about the city and have easy access to all there is to see. We were disappointed for many reasons with VTC.

1) the drivers aren't tour guides, they DRIVE. Don't expect to learn much about the area or history.

2) we waited more than we saw. We got on the first bus at 10am and got off at Granville figuring many people would also get off later in the day. Wrong. We hurried back to catch a trolly only to have it drive away full because no one got off. The next one wasn't coming for 30-40 minutes and it was already a fist fight in the crowd to figure out who was in line ahead of whom.

3) half of the stops are at hotels for pickup, drop off.

4) We took our ferry voucher to English Bay and ended up WALKING to Stanley Park. It was a great walk and a very nice way to see the city but was long and tiresome. We skipped the trolly in the park and ended up taking a horse carriage through the park. At the end of the day, we hopped on the trolly to go back downtown/home. We got a seat this time because it was the last trolly of the day (at 4:00) and they let it leave Canada Place empty. We paid $80 for the trolly when we could have done the same trip for $half in a cab, or $1/3 taking our car and paying for parking.

5) we got a 2nd day "free" and didn't use it. My day was owned by the trolly one day and we didn't want to waste any more time in line fighting.

There are many, many hop- on hop-off options in Vancouver. My recommendation would be the "big bus." They ride around in chopped school buses, but three of those passed for every 1 trolly. Heaven forbid if it's a Saturday and there are cruise ships in town like there was for our experience. Expect to wait, and wait, and wait, and not see a whole lot. Ugh. I wish I could get my money back! We got suckered on this one.

1  Thank melanierae06
VanTrolley, Manager at The Vancouver Trolley Company, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear melanierae06,

On behalf of The Vancouver Trolley Company, I apologize for your disappointing experience on the Trolley. Please be assured that we appreciate all comments and take feedback such as yours very seriously.

I was surprised to hear that you believe our drivers aren't tour guides and they only drive. All our trolleys feature live commentary from our drivers who are our tour guides as we do not have step-on guides or canned/recorded commentary. We would like to know which driver you had so that we could follow up with him in regards to his commentary requirements.

We do experience high volume days and stops with Granville Island being a very popular stop. We have floater/over-flow trolleys on standby throughout the city and are dispatched to "hot spots" as soon as dispatch is notified. They arrive as soon as traffic allows them. Our regular schedule is every 30 minutes at all our stops.

We do provide a tour service and many of our passengers, when visiting Vancouver, stay in Downtown hotels. Our stops accommodate some of the major hotel hubs as a convenience and easy accessibility for our guests.

Our False Creek Ferries stop/route runs eastbound from Stanley Park so unfortunately the direction you walked (westbound) was opposite of our regular scheduled route.

I do understand your frustration and wish you would have contacted us directly while in Vancouver or on your return home with your concerns. If you would like to speak with me further on your experience with the Trolley, I would appreciate to hear from you anytime. I can be reached directly by telephone at 1.888.451.5581, ext 124 or by email at meghan@vancouvertrolley.com.

Please know that we at The Vancouver Trolley Company value our customers and strive to provide a high quality tour.

Meghan Gross

Sales & Marketing Manager | The Vancouver Trolley Company
T: 604.801.5515, ext 124 | F: 604.801.5557
875 Terminal Ave, Vancouver, BC V6A 2M9

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our Hotel Concierge got us the tour tickets and they where a lot cheaper this way and valid for two days too.
The trolley drivers also are your tour guide on the buses. They don't just playback some info from a recording. That way it is a very individual experience and different with each driver. We loved the anecdotes they told us and a few of them probably would have never made it to a recording. ;-) The routes are interesting enough. The up to 30 minutes wait can be a bit long.
We sure would use there services again in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Appreciated the attention to service provided by drivers, knowledgable and excited people who wanted to share their city with tourists. It's a good way to get places in the city although you can't get everywhere you can get to the main places via the trolley and the drivers are extreemly helpful and in our experience, very patient.