3 people are viewing this hotel
$440
Hotels.com
$440
2,196 results
All reviews chi spa deluxe room beautiful hotel every staff member concierge luxury gym valet downtown mirror properties bc waterfront cruise fairmont
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I flew to Vancouver to attend client meetings held at the Shangri-la. The hotel is in a good location although I have to say the entrance is weird. Thus far, every single staff person has bent over backwards to be accommodating. The rooms are nice but not incredible. This is an expensive hotel . One would expect a nice room. I have travelled a lot of my life. I have never in my life seen a hotel with so many buttons for the lights . It is insane. I had trouble trying to turn them off last night . Since we got here, I have had a lot of trouble with my phone. I have service then I don’t. That seems strange. I am not sure if this issue is hotel related or not.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank WLSC
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Milan D, General Manager at Shangri-La Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Dear WLSC,

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We appreciate the kind words about our guest rooms, central location, and the impeccable service received by our staff. Our team goes above and beyond to ensure that every detail of your stay is accommodated.

It sounds like you may still be staying with us, therefore would appreciate an opportunity to connect to ensure the remainder of your stay goes smoothly. We want to help resolve any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. We encourage you to reach out to our guest services team at the front desk, so they can connect you with our Resident Manager to address any concerns directly.

Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is a central location in Vancouver where the choice of shopping and dining is very wide. The hotel is very elegant, the usual upscale style of all Shangri-Las. The room was spacious, even with the extra bed that we requested for our daughter. The service was just perfect. The concierge was very helpful in guiding us through tours and choices of dining. We will be back there for sure

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Bisa8989
Milan D, General Manager at Shangri-La Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Dear Bisa8989,
We greatly appreciate the time and effort taken to share this kind feedback. It is our goal to provide personalized hospitality from the moment you step into our hotel to ensure you feel comfortable. We hope we have an opportunity to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2019

5 star Amenities and service without the mechanical delivery. The Shangri-La is right in the middle of the heart of the downtown vibe. A few streets from restaurants and shopping on Robson and a short walk to the boardwalk surrounding Coal Harbor, multiple marinas, restaurants and Stanley Park. This is the perfect location to anchor your stay in Vancouver.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank stewartw929
Milan D, General Manager at Shangri-La Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear stewartw929,
I would like to thank you for the time and effort taken to share this kind feedback. Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver is a true urban oasis, so I’m glad that you appreciated the tranquility we have to offer. I'm pleased you enjoyed our hotel’s guest rooms, and our location. It will be an honor to welcome you to Shangri-La hotel, Vancouver back soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2019

We just returned from a five-night stay at the Shangri-La and can't imagine a better choice in Vancouver. We had a very nice and spacious one-bedroom suite with a lovely balcony, and the location was just about perfect. We decided at the last minute not to rent a car, and it turned out to be a great decision. We took the Canada Line from YVR which was a short walk on both ends, and most of our destinations in Vancouver were within easy walking distance. On the two occasions we needed a car, both Car2Go and Evo were great car-share options and very close to the hotel--plus no worries about parking.

Our breakfasts in Market by Jean-Georges were excellent (we loved the dim sum and congee options, as well as the English breakfast), and the gym was convenient and well equipped. A sincere thank-you to the lovely lady who greeted me by name every morning there.

And the rest of the staff were amazing as well. Ivonne Mayne and Avinash Sawant at the concierge desk were exceptionally helpful, both in advance of and during our stay. I'd also like to give a special mention to Kanis at The Garden, who was especially charming and gracious when we had dinner at The Garden. We showed up without reservations on a busy night with two old friends and not all of us ordered a full dinner (bad planning on our part), but none of this mattered to Kanis and she was very accommodating and made us feel completely welcome.

We hope to have the pleasure of returning to the Shangri-La Vancouver soon.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Curious58115531847
Milan D, General Manager at Shangri-La Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear Curious58115531847,
What an amazing review, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback about your experience at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver. I'm pleased you enjoyed our hotel's amenities, including our central downtown location, spacious guest rooms, and restaurant offerings. It will be an honor to welcome you to Shangri-La hotel, Vancouver back soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Services at the hotel is superb and professional. Room size is decent, bathroom is spacious. It’s restaurant “Market” is a must visit. Central location in downtown, close to all shoppings and restaurants. You pay what you get.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey C

Dear Jeffrey C,
Thank you very much for the time and effort you took to share this kind feedback. Personalized hospitality is our number one priority, and I am glad to hear that you experienced the best our team has to offer. Be assured that I will share your very kind review with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.