1,911 results
All reviews chi spa market by jean georges lower lobby alberni street bathroom mirror concierge team beautiful hotel one bedroom suite nespresso machine hotel experience steam room favorite hotel valet parking turn down service four seasons heart of downtown stanley park
Reviewed January 18, 2017

i have stayed at this property a few times , the overall service and attention to details it excellent , well worth the extra few dollars and great location. the breakfast is an experience , excellent food .

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank michellekV1937KX
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Dear michellekV1937KX,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We were truly delighted to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, as we want to be your home away from home. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our convenient downtown location, which is walkable to Stanley Park, and is steps away from the luxury shopping along Alberni Street, and the restaurants and shops along Robson Street. I am delighted to read you had the opportunity to experience breakfast at Market by Jean-Georges and enjoyed it. Thank you for your kind comments about the personalized service and hospitality you received from our team. I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Shangri-La hotel, Vancouver.

Reviewed January 11, 2017

Stayed here for one night on business in Dec 2016. Great location. Excellent front desk service and check in process. Rooms are nicely appointed and energy efficient (which can be annoying until you get the hang of how everything works). Excellent personal cosmetic products as they use L'Occitane. Rooms vary greatly. I had a small room w/ King sized bed. Some of the roooms are phenomenal- mine was pretty pedestrian. Colleague also had similar booking but her room was 2x the size. Nespresso coffee machine was inconsistent. Gym was nice. Overall, nice luxury hotel if you get it at the right price. Lots of other comparable options available in the area though so depends on what you're looking for. Would repeat.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

Dear Islandboy4774,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort taken to share this kind feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms with L'Occitane bathroom amenities. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel's amenities, including our central downtown location and our health club. It is our goal to provide personalized hospitality from the moment you step into our hotel to ensure you feel comfortable. I'm very pleased to hear that you received flawless service during your stay, as this is the hallmark hospitality of Shangri-La. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2017

So understated in the service, this is really like a boutique hotel, and everything you could want from that sort of estabishment. The rooms were fantastic - exceptional fixtured and fittings, wonderful bathroom. Only a small issue with the miniscule pool. Had a wonderful stay here nonetheless.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2017

Dear cmgrist,

I very much appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your kind feedback. I'm thrilled that you chose Shangri-La as your home away from home, a true urban oasis in the heart of Downtown Vancouver. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms with a spacious marble bathroom. I am delighted to hear that you received flawless service during your stay, as this is the hallmark hospitality of Shangri-La. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

Things were kind, quiet, and luxurious. The food was creative and blended sophistication with kid-friendly basics while the entire staff energetically welcomed our school-aged children. Karin at the concierge went out of her way to make Vancouver fun and accessible to my kids. Then she continued to follow-up to see how they enjoyed her recommendations. We have now stayed here twice and won't look anywhere else when in Vancouver.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank kg3580098
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2017

Dear kg3580098,

We greatly appreciate the time and effort taken to share this kind feedback. We were truly delighted to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, as we want to be your home away from home. I'm very pleased to hear that you received flawless service during your stay, as this is the hallmark hospitality of Shangri-La. I am delighted to read you had a great experience at Market by Jean-Georges with your children. Personalized hospitality is our number one priority, and I am glad to hear that you experienced the best our team has to offer, and that Karin took good care of you. I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Shangri-La hotel, Vancouver.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

Having stayed at a few shangri la hotels around the world we had a idea what to expect from this one.it is a beautiful hotel in a great location,The breakfast is amazing and the staff are brilliant.will definitely stay here again

Room tip: Suites are amazing
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 591darrent
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2017

Dear Darren T,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am thrilled that you chose Shangri-La as your home away from home, a true urban oasis in the heart of Downtown Vancouver. I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel's amenities, including our central downtown location, and restaurant offerings. I am delighted to hear that you received flawless service during your stay, as this is the hallmark hospitality of Shangri-La. It is our goal to provide personalized hospitality from the moment you step into our hotel to ensure you feel comfortable. We appreciated your recommendation to return and looking forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver very soon.