Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
  • Breakfast included
$347
$308
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$156
$341
Travelocity
$304
1,822 results
All reviewschi spamarket by jean georgeslower lobbyalberni streetbathroom mirrorstreet levelconcierge teambeautiful hotelone bedroom suitenespresso machinehotel experiencesteam roombreakfast was includedvalet parkingturn down servicefitness centeran upgrade
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We just spent 2 night at the Shangri-La and enjoyed it very much, the attention to detail was amazing ,the rooms are well laid out and quiet. One down fall I would have loved a balcony instead of looking out over a tarp covered awning. But the service and location made up for that. We will be back again and soon I hope.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Shangri La Hotels
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear TheresaK67,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I apologise if you did not get a room with a nice view as we are situated in the middle of downtown. We hope that you come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Booked just a one night experience for my girlfriend for Valentines Day. I wanted to put some items in the room including candles to set the mood. Unfortunately, hotels do not allow that and I was a little deflated. Jarren at the concierge desk knew that I had to run to dinner and he offered to go to a dollar store and buy battery operated ones and place in the room. Wow...what an offer and he saved the night. Fantastic,

Overall the stay was perfect culminated with room service breakfast and an amazing room with Soaker Tub.

Thank you Shangri la team...for doing what you do best !

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms rock...with patio and extra space.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jean Pierre C,

Thank you for your comments about Jarren, I will pass on your message to him and I am sure that he will be delighted to learn that he was able to provide you a great service. We hope that you had a great Valentine's Day celebration with us and look forward seeing you here again.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I think this hotel has much to admire. I thought the room just perfect. Large with a full size sofa, chair and coffee table, a full-size desk, dressing table, and mini-bar coffee area. The bathroom was also large with a soaking tub and large stall shower. The best things that make it stand out are the thoughtful lighting options, electronic drape controls, and the fact that the heating system was absolutely silent. I also loved having a nespresso maker so I could have great espresso every morning while getting ready. Service was also super. My only hesitation on this is that as a single business traveler, there really isn't a good place to sit in the hotel and have coffee or a snack. There is the bar but it is a real cocktail loungy kinda place where most everyone was couples or groups out for a fun night - not the kind of place a single person might feel good. The restaurant is lovely but so upscale that you wouldn't feel comfortable there either.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Oaklandish3

Dear Oaklandish3,

Thank you for your great review. We are very much humbled by your words. We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We apologise if you feel that there was not much area for you to sit and have your coffee, if the weather is nice next time, maybe you will have time to try our Ginger bar by the pool side, it is a more casual area where you can enjoy a snack or a smoothie. We look forward welcoming you back at the Shangri-La Hotel.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was traveling over the weekend and I must say, because of my stay at Shangri - La my getaway was fantastic.

Here is what I thought was great:
-Room is better than pictured
-Fantastic marble bathroom with tub
-TV in the bathroom
-Great electronic buttons for central hub (lighting, shades, etc)
-Water kettle and instant ramen
-Toothbrush that was part of amenity
-Friendly staff
-Best location next to Burberry and urban market
-Amazing decor in the room and art around the hotel

I usually don't write reviews but Shangri-La is was worth the mention/review!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear BeauE,

Thank you for taking time in writing this review. We are very delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Vancouver.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We had three nights at this location with a small baby in tow. The staff couldn't have been more helpful making the check-in and settling in process smoother. We had paid an advanced purchase rate which we were told was about $200 less than full rack rate, hence my 5 stars for value. We walked everywhere from this location, waterfront, Robson st shopping, sea bus station and many restaurants and cafes. Dinner at the signature restaurant Market was wonderful with them welcoming an 18 month old. We'll be back if we could get this rate again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear J0hnnyChase,

Thank you for your kind words, we are very humbled by your great comments by our hotel. We are glad that your baby felt comfortable during your stay with us. We look forward welcoming you back on your next visit to Vancouver.