“Wonderful food from the owner of Vij's”
Review of Vij's Rangoli

Vij's Rangoli
Ranked #116 of 3,978 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: South Granville
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A cheaper and generally more friendly environment then Vij's restaurant proper. You can even take away food from the fridge to make at home.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Couldn't get into Vij's but got into Rangoli with a 15 minute wait. The food is flavorful, probably just as good as Vij's without the fancy plating and ambience. I would eat here again and just skip the long wait for Vij's.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Went with three other people and we all agreed that main course servings were small and wondered why so much fuss is made about the food and the restaurant. However, the biggest disappointment was the service. Different servers throughout meal and one woman was so unfriendly and haughty, we named her the Ice Queen. Chai tea was good but that was the only highlight. There are far better Indian restaurants in Vancouver that make a diner feel welcome, serve excellent food, and cost considerably less for a meal.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I went to Rangoli for lunch. I got there at 11:30, before the lunch rush hit. The food was terrific. I had the tamarind and yogurt chicken. It had the right balance of flavors and heat without being overpowering. The sprout salad was a great complement to the dish, adding some acidity to a rich dish. The service was okay, rather slow I thought, for the number of guests. I would have liked to try a dessert but by the time the waitstaff came around to ask if I wanted any, I was getting miffed over how long it took for them to get back to me.
The restaurant is small. The tables are very close together and also very small.
Despite the mediocre service, I would love to go back and try more of Vij's creations.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

A have been regular customer for a number of years. The food and service is consistently excellent. Creative, flavorful and with attention to detail. I wist the waiting time was shorter...