“Terrible Customer Service - House of Canton”
Review of House of Canton

Ranked #2,962 of 4,228 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighborhood: East Vancouver
Neighborhood: East Vancouver
Reviewed December 26, 2016

I have been here twice now. Both times the service was terrible. The staff completely ignored us at the front of the restaurant until someone came close enough where I could ask them a question. Four staff ignored us for over 10 minutes. When I asked to order some food for takeaway, I had asked for it to be gluten free. I was told, "No, no,no" and given a hand signal to get out of the restaurant and then the waiter walked away. I flagged down another server only to have them bring back the same person who had said no to us. I told him I have been here before and your kitchen did indeed offer GF it was then that he relented. We placed a 3 item order. When the order arrived we mentioned it was short and item to which the server said, "You did not order three things, do you have a receipt to prove it?!" To which I answered you never gave us a receipt. I will never go back to this establishment. The most rude and disrespectful servers in the city. I dine out quite a bit and their rudeness is unparalleled.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 5, 2016

The House of Canton offers traditional Chinese dishes as well as a nice selection of noodles (as are offered in noodle houses). We found the dishes appetizing and the wait staff attentive.

Date of visit: September 2016