“Belgian style waffles”

Ranked #13 of 3,894 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Impressed by bitter orange marmalade came as an add-on to a waffle. The best one ever!! The waffle itself was a bit sweet to my taste.
Customers came in one after another even it was already around 14:00, so I was very lucky to get a table. Definitely a place you should try.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had an amazing brunch here. The food was different but did not disappoint. We would come back for sure. Apparently they are changing locations to Richards street in August 2014.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Location: A bit out of the way - it's about 25 minutes from the downtown core if you're walking. There's not much else on Beatty Street, where the restaurant is located.

Service: Usually, there's a line-up to get in this place but we lucked out and got a table after a 5-minute wait. We did go on a week day, around 10 a.m. though. The wait staff was OK. Nothing to write home about, but the host who seated us was very friendly.

Food: I had the raspberry-caramel latte, which was delicious. So, so good. I'm not usually a fan of caramel but having tried their lavender latte before (also very good!), I wanted to switch things up. The flavor was just right, and not at all overpowering with sweetness.

I ordered the Paella (1 baked egg, curried orzo, Hungarian chorizo, zucchini, red pepper, roasted corn, grano padano, watercress, avocado, and tomato salad). The dish was bursting with flavor and I have to say, quite filling. It'll definitely energize you for the rest of the day. There wasn't too much tomato, which worked for me. I would have liked more avocado but I'm addicted to the damn things so....

My mum had the Frittata and loved it, and my friend ordered waffles, which she literally inhaled. It was obvious that these are made fresh upon order. I didn't even manage to sneak a bite (sigh).

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Best meal of our vacation, but we found it on our last day in Vancouver. In 9 days of eating out this little café won our hearts and taste buds. The first time we walked by there was a line of people waiting for seating so we did not stop. Several days later our hotel concierge got us in. We had eaten at many of the well know fancy establishments but our taste buds were very pleased at this down to earth café. As we were leaving they mentioned they we moving to a nicer local in 2 months.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The food was ok. I had the Salad Nicoise.The tuna was overcooked and, though I know what it means when they say "confit" (i've made many a confit de canard), I did not detect and hint of it in the tuna, but there was plenty of it. It was not bad. I did love the soft-boiled quail eggs which were not listed in the ingredients on the menu. Two of my companions had the merguez sandwich which was apparently unpleasantly salty. The waitstaff was perfect.
The guy who took our name to seat us (we had to wait, even at 2 in the afternoon on a weekday),and seemed to be the manager had the hipster vibe going, all arrogance and plaid shirt. We were obviously not the clientele he felt should adorn the restaurant, despite the sleek young couple we were with. Ah, well. That and the fact that the music was so loud we had to shout to talk, the atmosphere wasn't great.
We won't go back. We'll continue to go to new and old places that seem happy to see us and our middle-aged money, and where we don't have to shot to hear each other.