“Great & Different Breakfasts” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Medina
Ranked #7 of 3,678 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Cafe, Mediterranean, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
McKinney, TX
“Great & Different Breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is just a small café with the most unusual breakfast entrees. I had the Saumon Fume with a caper cream sauce on Ciabatta bread. One ciabatta had a lovely sunny side up egg with the salmon cream & the other half a frisee salad with arthichokes & the cream sauce. Seriouly delicious.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Miami Beach, Florida
“Literally the Best for Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Well if you are looking for brunch, this place won't disappoint. Simply almost everything on the menu is great. Try les boulettes. They also have excellent coffee/lattes/etc.

Visited June 2013
“Great Mains, Overrated Waffles”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had brunch at Cafe Medina one Sunday morning. We had been warned by the concierge at our hotel that the wait time could be up to an hour and had set out to find another restaurant. When we walked by and saw what looked like a reasonably short line, we joined it. In all we waited only another 15 minutes to be seated.

We ordered the Fricasse and theTagine both of which were delicious. Additionally, we ordered waffles. They are highly overrated and really poor examples of a waffle. They were thin, dry, and room temperature. Some diners may be impressed by the sauces, but we thought they were mediocre at best. An interesting twist on the mimosa is good. My partner had a coffee and Baileys.

The restaurant space is weird. There are two sections- the store front space visible from the street , and a rear space at the back of the building which is connected to the front by a long, unattractive, and poorly maintained corridor.
Service was fine, but we felt our waiter adopted a staged aloofness and edge. Prices are extremely reasonable.

If you’d asked me while I was eating if I’d go back, I’d say absolutely. After leaving the restaurant, I don’t think so. Hygiene may be an issue here. When we later observed the waffle iron through the window of the restaurant, it and the surrounding counter were filthy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fearful
Roseville, California
“Great brunch, prepare to wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely Sunday brunch with friends here. We arrived before they opened to a line already forming. Luckily we were seated with the first diners. The salted caramel waffle was crunchy and gooey, a piece of heaven early Sunday morning. Can also highly recommend the Paella eggs, it was a bit of Spain and California all in one skillet.

Comox, Canada
“There's one, or two, in every city . . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

You know - that little boutique restaurant, specializing in breakfasts, usually in a reclaimed building, that everyone insists you try. On a recent visit to Vancouver, the 'kids' took my wife and I to Cafe Medina 556 Beatty Street. It was an easy walk from our hotel, The Met, and soon we were in that preprandial social event - the lineup. Only 45 minutes - good deal!! A very efficient version of the breakfast maitre-d' policed the crowd, regularly called and rechecked the roll and ushered us to our table for four, through the bowels of the building to a bright a cheery room with a view of - I forget. I was facing the wrong way. But it was cheery and there was a view. My wife had the cassoulet, for me, the paella and frequent sharing took place. I know, you're thinking paella for breakfast! Ah but it was crowned with a soft cooked poached egg and avocado. Great service, fun food, wonderful coffee - an excellent choice.

• Visited June 2013