“Great Yaletown location, fun to watch sports” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hurricane Grill
Ranked #836 of 3,676 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Yaletown location, fun to watch sports”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was our neighbourhood hub during the Olympics. Tons of screens, awesome service, consistently good food and a can't-beat location right on the water. We continue to head there to watch hockey games...great neighbourhood feel...love the Grill Salad. For brunch, the Hurricane Skillet is a Sunday favourite (and sure-fire hangover cure).

• Visited October 2013

Nanaimo, Canada
“Great View, Friendly Service. The Food, Not Great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband & I have eaten at the Hurricane Grill, many times. I wish we could say it was for the food. But, too be honest it is for the location. It is situated around the corner from my sister's condo. It is very convenient to pop over & have a quick meal & a drink. The views of False Creek are spectacular. People watching on their out door patio is always interesting. The female servers have always been efficient & friendly. Its too bad that the food is so consistently mediocre!

The last time I was there I had the ribs. I was picturing the succulent, tender, falling off the bones kind of ribs. What I got was dry, stringy chewy & cold ribs. The yam fries were hot & crispy.

Will I go back? Yes, it is very convenient. Especially, on a rainy, cold day, it is less than a block from my sister's place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mikaela K, Customer Service at Hurricane Grill, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Hi Condu,
Thank you for honest feedback, We base our business model on food, service, and atmosphere. Clearly we have lacked on the food end with your visits. We would really love the opportunity to change your mind on our food. The ribs are one of our best seller and we usually get great feedback on it, we must have screwed up somewhere and delivered a subpar product to you. Although for convenient sake, I am happy to hear that you will come and visit us again. We would love to buy you and your sisters meals on your next visit and I would like to extend a personal apology on our behalf. We do pride ourselves on the quality of our food and I want to make sure that we deliver excellence to you.

Thank you for the feedback and hope to see you soon,

Ash Ranjbar
Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Food was amazing! Poutine was so good and very cheesy. At a good location downtown. Will defiantly go back.

Visited July 2013
Mikaela K, Public Relations Manager at Hurricane Grill, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hi Annina,

Thank you for the positive review on Trip Advisor for Hurricane Grill. I personally, LOVE the Poutine. It is really one of the best in town.

We hope to see you again soon, and enjoy the sunny weather in Vancouver!

Warm regards,

Mikaela
Vancouver, Canada
“If it wasn't for the server it would be two stars or less.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went bunch of friends early evening on Canada Day 2013. Place was fairly busy. Food was edible and thats about the best that can be said for it. Not very impressed at all. Server was good - she even managed to correctly split meals& drinks bills between couples. Place was far too hot even with front windows open. Think this is a place that is lucky its in the location its in 'cos I wouldn't care to eat there again in a hurry.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Greate taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went there during Dine-Out vancouver Festival, and we really liked the taste. Its popular picks menue is really good. It's a really nice and cozy place.
The only problem was that it was during Hockey game so the waitress was a bit busy

• Visited February 2013