“Street Style Tacos”

Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Coquitlam, Canada
“Street Style Tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

One of the only places around that makes street style tacos. Love them. Definitely overpriced, but well worth it when you have a taco craving and flying to México or SoCal isn't an option.

• Visited April 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Tacos looked good - burrito disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Down at Vanier Park for the afternoon, I stopped on Cornwall to pick up some food before heading to the Park. There are about three blocks of eateries in that little stretch past Burrard and I've tried a few of them but never the Taco Shack so I figured it was time. I guess I should have gotten the hint from the name of the place "TACO shack" and the fact that the three people in front of me all ordered variations of tacos.

BUT I was in the mood for a burrito, so I ordered the bean and cheese burrito -- asking for them to make it extra spicey but to use 1/2 the standard amount of rice as I don't like a lot of rice in my burritos.

Since the prep counter is right next to the til, it's easy to watch your food prepared. The girl put a very small scoop of beans into my Bean Burrito. Then she put in two big scoops of rice. I didn't see any cheese going in -- the next thing was a lot of slaw and some sauce. Watching this, I figured it MUST be someone else's order.

Nope, it was mine. Well, when I order a bean & cheese burrito, light on the rice, I'm pretty disappointed that for my $7.83 what I got was a burrito wrap stuffed primarily with rice & cole slaw, barely detectable beans and no detectable cheese. Flavor was OK -- but I had to spice it up with the sauce on the table.

I may go back and try the tacos -- they looked pretty good -- and, as I said, the three orders ahead of me were all about the tacos.

That being said -- a BEAN and CHEESE burrito really should have BEANS and CHEESE! And "extra spicey" in a Mexican joint really should mean something... Not impressed.

• Visited August 2012
Vancouver
“Healthy and tasty tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

This isn't your run of the mill taco joint. These guys create a healthy taco with fresh ingredients. You can see the fresh ingredients in plain site. We are locals and go here occasionally. They also have some interesting corbonated beverages that we haven't been able to find elsewhere - namely Jarritos.

• Visited June 2011