WINNER WONDERLAND

Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Commercial Drive
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is ok, but delivery is a JOKE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

I've ordered from them before, they were ok, so I went for them again, but this time they have the cheek to ask for extra?!

I understand delivery may cost extra, as their driver may want some pay, however, they didn't not understand the rules of on-line order. some area may ask for extra charges, but not for my area! I was sure of it, and so does the on-line order system.

After i placed my order they call me and say if i am not willing to pay the extra they will not bother delivering the food. and they were not polite about it. so if you want extra, you could just list it on the site, and not spend the extra time calling me and give me the attitude! and i may have made a different decision on who to order with and save myself some time.

I said to them, forget about it, please cancel my order, they even said; oh, you have to call just-eat your self.

so i had to spend extra time on cancelling and finding a new please to order, and by the time i finally made the new order, I wan very hungry and feeling sick.

I would say, don't order from them as they would just be cheeky and waste of time!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Vesiea

Vancouver, Canada
“Good quality, good price, nice little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

I live closeby and went to sake maki many man times, and with many different people, and everybody really liked it. The soups are very, the sushi is very good and if you want to try something a little different they have also special rolls (although unlike the rest those are not very cheap).
I would definitely recommend it, it is a great place for price/quality.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE FOOD IS GOOD BUT THE DELIVERY IS A JOKE AND A SCAM”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

We ordered with these guys through what used to be called "yummyweb.com" and is now "just-eat.ca". It's a great service, where you can see which restaurants are near you, which one deliver, their hours, their menus, etc, etc, etc. Use it all the time and it's always great. It also is cool because you can do all your ordering online, which is submitted to the restaurant. It gives you your total, your delivery charge (if there is one, based on your location) and your estimated wait time.

Well... after our "estimated wait time" was surpassed by 15 minutes, we began to worry that they maybe hadn't received our order (as they always call to confirm that you did in fact ordered, and we realized that we did not receive this call this time.) So we gave them a call and they confirmed that the driver was "on his way". Then she proceeded to tell us that we were actually going to have to pay an extra $5.00 delivery charge, because we are based in Burnaby. We informed her that she was wrong, we are in fact based in Vancouver, and only a 12 minute drive from the restaurant (their driver would prove this to be correct when he showed up at our home) but she was having none of it. Fine, we said. We would pay the charge, but we don't approve of their tactics.

Now... we are 30 minutes later... almost a whole hour after our estimated delivery time, two hours after we placed the order, we are hungry, we are cranky, we are upset with their business-dealings (we went back to the website and it's plastered all over that they have "FREE DELIVERY OVER $25.00", which is clearly false) and the driver is still nowhere in sight.

Disappointed. I have eaten IN their restaurant before, and the food is good and it's priced fine, but this whole experience has turned me off of their restaurant as a whole. Since when did a business owner saying, "I'm sorry... my mistake... let me make it up to you" go out the window around here??? Instead it's, "I'm going to give you the worst service possible and then demand EXTRA money from you, above and beyond what I quoted you!"

Unacceptable.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank candicejohnson1984
Miami, Florida
“This place didn't do it for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

Maybe I ordered the wrong item, but I ordered an exotic roll and it was so so. My honey ordered a combo dinner and enjoyed it a lot.

There are many restaurants on "The Drive", I'd give this one a pass.

Visited April 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
“Just plain bad customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

We went to this restaurant with my inlaws thinking there couldn't be a bad sushi place in Vancouver... We've had much better sushi elsewhere and the service was horrible. We arrived half an hour before closing, but there were three other tabels of people in the restaurant. The waitress was very curt and rushed us with our order. Then the food took forever. In the meantime, the waitress started mopping up around our feet. Just plain bad customer service!