“Very Friendly, Great Food”
Review of Salam Bombay

Salam Bombay
Ranked #33 of 3,945 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Fine Dining Indian Restaurant in Downtown Vancouver
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were staying at the Fairmont Airport on the way back from China and were craving a good Indian meal after twelve days of Chinese. I read about Salam Bombay and ask the Concierge to book a table, which they did. We took the train from the airport and got off in town. Only a two block walk to Salam Bombay. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and sat what is probably the best table in the house, right on the corner view of the street. The manager, Victor, came over and introduced himself and thanked us for coming in from the airport to dine. He took our drink order and promptly served my wife's wine and a nice cold Kingfisher for me. We were off to a great start! Review of the menu ensued. Excellent selection of dishes and fair prices. Our waiter was attentive without being overbearing. Upon ordering, he was excellent at discussing the dishes and making further recommendations. In fact, I changed my order per his recommendation. Food was served in a timely manner without being rushed and true to our waiters words, the entire meal was great. We completed the meal with dessert and an after-dinner coffee / tea. Not only was the food and service excellent, but the staff was fantastic in keeping the meal moving but never giving us that rushed feeling. After a long trip, Salam Bombay delivered on all levels exactly what we needed. We even had a nice conversation with Victor about our home, Austin, TX on the way out. Thanks to Victor and his entire staff.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Went with a business group of 6 people. We were seated and made very welcome by the attentive waiter, who politely answered the many questions we had. We decided to order a few dishes and share, we were not disappointed. Although, when they first brought them to the table I had thought the dishes were small, it turned out we actually left food. Very authentic, nice outlook and I'd recommend it if visiting Vancouver.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I was staying close by. Tried the restaurant. It was surprisingly very good. The portions served was also perfect not too less ar very large . One evening we came in late however they obliged us by giving us a very quick and tasty dinner. Overall I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to have north Indian cuisine.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I, went to Salam Bombay on our last night in Vancouver and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service given.
We arrived after 2100 but we're welcomed in and asked where we would prefer to sit - we chose the table in the corner of the windows overlooking Burrard St.
The service was second to none and the food was delicious!
This restaurant is well worth a visit at any time of the day.
Thank you again for making our last night wonderful.

1  Thank NaughtyNigesMrs
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We wandered in for the lunch buffet. It is quite good with a nice variety of dishes. But then we found the pumpkin in yogurt sauce - something we have never seen before in an Indian restaurant - and discovered a magnificent dish - tasty, well spiced and pumpkin pieces that were cooked without being mushy.
The flavours and spices here are nicely balanced.
The rice pudding for desert is creamy, spicy and has a silky flavour that slides through the taste buds and on down the throat far too easily.
The one disaspointment was the chai - under spiced making it not much more than milk tea.