“Yummy food - service, meh”
Review of Salam Bombay

Salam Bombay
Ranked #53 of 3,730 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Fine Dining Indian Restaurant in Downtown Vancouver
Kelowna, Canada
“Yummy food - service, meh”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I enjoyed the food here when I went for dinner - the Coconut Gao chicken was to die for. But have a small salad and order some rice to go with it, the price quickly mounts! My waiter and I also had some trouble communicating - I couldn't understand his answers when I asked questions and I got tea when I ordered hot water (altho I didn't send it back because I thought it would be too painful to try and explain). I'd be interested to know if they had a lunch menu because often you get a large plate of a variety of selections for a reasonable price.

• Visited February 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Must Try”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was worth paying and the best Indian food I had in Vancouver........."if you really miss Indian food ...........this is the place ". It is spacious and has the perfect ambiance to enjoy my food with a large group of friends.

• Visited January 2013
Whitehorse, Canada
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went there for dinner and really enjoyed the food! I had the Butter Chicken, it was delicious. I would like to try their lunch buffet next time I'm in Vancouver. The service was excellent.

Visited November 2012
Chennai (Madras), India
“Delicious..............”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Delicious food served in a delightfully intimate atmosphere by charming and attentive staff... What's not to like? There was not a false note in our dinner for four. Best Food I've ever had!
It is definitely one of the best places to go for consistently good food.

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“An exquisite resturant!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Me and my family have visited this resturant for special occasions. We were recommended by people who worked there. The location was Downtown, Vancouver which was good. The atmosphere reminded me of Bombay with the calm music. The food was exquisite and delicious. The service was good too. It is a good place to go for great food, and is a great experience for people visiting Vancouver. I reccomend it to people who come as a family or with friends.

• Visited November 2012