“Great Indian Food I had ever had in the recent years.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Salam Bombay

Salam Bombay
Ranked #65 of 3,707 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Fine Dining Indian Restaurant in Downtown Vancouver
Québec (ville), Canada
“Great Indian Food I had ever had in the recent years.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were in Vancouver for a week... been there two times! It was a large and extensive menu. The staff is very friendly and service oriented. very good!

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Mumbai
“" Best Indian Restaurant in Vancouver "”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had the privilege to enjoy this beautiful city for a week and was taken aback by the hospitality of the city in general topped up with the homely food we had at Salam Bombay. We did try 4 recommended restaurants by our beautiful Hotel concierge at the Hotel Georgia. This is by far the best. Food was as good as the best we get in Mumbai. Service was friendly and courteous as is in Mumbai. Never had the feeling of away from home. We dined here four days and every time it was a great experience. Great Location too just 5 minutes stroll from our hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent lunch buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've been to Salam Bombay for the lunch buffet more than a dozen times, my work colleagues and I come here every few weeks or so when we are in the mood for a an all you can eat. The lunch buffet never disappoints, every item is always great, my favourites include the lamb meatballs and the seafood curry. The buffet items change from time to time but there is always tandoori chicken and butter chicken.

2 Thank 998MichaelW998
San Francisco, California
“Traditional Indian Dishes, Well Prepared and Well Served.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Don't come to Salaam Bombay expecting the inventiveness of a Vij's. Do come to find instead classical North American Indian reataurant menu items, prepared extremely well, and served without "Attitude". You will also find you don't have to wait for two hours, or cab it to 11th Ave, as Salaam is in the heart of the downtown core, 1 block from the intersection where the Fairmont Vancouver, the Hotel Georgia, and the Four Seasons duke it out.

I had lamb in a kohlapuri curry sauce, okra with a treatment similar to, but still different from, bhindi masala, rice and roti. I ate very well. The food pricing is quite moderate, the wines not so much.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Jaipal - Best Place to treat your taste buds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I would highly recommend the restaurant - Salam Bombay, the name itself tickles your taste buds, My experience here became more wonderful when I treated my family and friends one night, the place, service and staffs were so friendly, we felt we are at our own home.

Food served was really tasty and authentic, especially Tandoori Tikka with mint chutney, Dal Masala, tandoori gobhi and aloo chutney wale.

Hats off to Chef and his management, I would ask chef to add some Indian sweets like Jalebi with rabari.

Keep it up, I will recommend it to all.

Good Luck