“Authentic and delicious”
Review of Trattoria

Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 3,948 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Cross street: Burrard
Transit: Public Transit is available less than half a block from our front door. The 4 or 7 busses have a stop right at Burrard and 4th.
Description: Trattoria Italian Kitchen is a vibrant, restaurant, where contemporary design unites with casual Italian dining and a focus on sharing. Service is relaxed, knowledgeable and welcoming. The menu consists of traditional trattoria style cuisine - hand made pizzas, bruschetta, antipasto, pasta and meat platters, fresh fish and familiar Italian staple items like Forno Roasted Chicken and Veal Scaloppini with an aim to keep our menu items at $20 or less. A carefully chosen selection of 50 wines make up a list representing the major regions in Italy including Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto and Sicily. Add in a few boutique California, and British Columbia wineries and you have the perfect combination of a simple, yet comprehensive wine selection.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Two weeks ago I was taken to Trattoria for the first time for a surprise dinner by girlfriend and I will say in a nutshell: fantastico!

Simple, fresh and authentic plates.

We started out with a warm salad (forgot the names) which was pleasantly complex yet worked so well together. I had no idea it was going to be a warm salad which is really nice change to a cold one. Ask your server for the warm salad and you will not regret it. There are so many possibilities on their menu but for sure I wanted pasta and in the end we decided on their Pasta Platter ($18.95/person). I would say if you are going there and love pasta this is for sure the route to go. 1. the portions of 4 pastas were received were huge, we had enough leftovers for a full meal the next day 2. ingredients were fresh fresh fresh 3. meat in the pasta was very generous as well. 4. sauces... all i can say is YUM with all capitals.

The only downside of this dish was that one of the pastas (I think it was the penne chicken) seemed a bit too adente for our taste. I am not sure if was meant to be this way but seemed a bit on the 'rawer' side for my liking.

We were so full from the salad and pasta platter that we couldn't do dessert but opted for a speciality coffee, which was a nice finish to the dinner.

Ambience:
Warm, inviting, and comfortable. One thing I really liked about the feel is that you could dress up as well be casual with jeans... fantastic for great birthday parties or just hanging out for some drinks and appies.

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back...save room for the Zeppole doughnuts for dessert - you will not be disappointed. Cheers!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Kobe Beef meatballs are sooooooo delicious! The white donut balls filled with melted chocolate absolutely melted in my mouth! I totally recommend this place for an affordable meal of tasty Italian food!

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Agreed - those Zeppole doughnuts are delicious! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had dinner there last Friday and it was delicious. It was our second visit and we enjoyed it again. The gnocchi was better than the last time, the spaghetti and meatballs were yummy and the two pizzas were a great combination of flavours that were enjoyed by both who ordered them. Carpaccio pizza and the potato and lardo pizza were both well like. Our server was friendly and we had a great time.

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

That is great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was extremely disappointed in the way that the management treats its clients. It was Saturday night, busy, and unbelievably noisy inside. We had called ahead to determine the wait time. The hostess at the door saw me get out of the car, while my friends went to find parking. She kindly offered us a patio table where the noise was tolerable. Unfortunately, restaurant policy was such that I had to wait (inside amid the din), for my party to all "be on site" before seating me. Their loss, on the bottle of wine and the drinks that I would have ordered. I waited outside, on the sidewalk, where it was quieter. Once seated, in the patio area, where the tables are so closely arranged that a protruding belly or handbag can easily bump diners heads in passing, and you need to have a flashlight to read the menu, we had our dinner. The pasta with pesto arrived cold, the seafood pasta was tasty, albeit scanty in seafood but quite plentiful with olives, and the appetizers were okay. Nor did my friend appreciate the manager's demeaning comments to our waitress while trying to settle the bill.The only positive part of our experience was in the sweet and helpful hostess at the door, whose job is made all the more challenging by having to apologize for management's policies and disrespectful treatment of clients. If you enjoy eating mediocre Italian food, don't mind yelling to be heard, are thin enough to navigate the narrow isle ways, and don't mind being treated like cattle, this is definitely the place for you!

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hi there. I'm very sorry to hear of your recent experience at Trattoria. I would like to follow up with you directly regarding your evening. Can you please email marketing@glowbalgroup.com with your contact details? Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Visited Trattoria based on reviews at this site and was very impressed. Great food,especially enjoyed their burrata appetizers. The service was outstanding even though it was very busy because it was their Tuesday and $11.00 any pasta night. Don't go without a reservation!
Very busy and a liitle noisy, but not overly so. One of the best meals we had while in Vancouver.

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Great to hear - thank you for taking the time to write a review! We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Vancouver!