“First Class Apartment Hotel at Reasonable Price”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Ayr, Scotland
“First Class Apartment Hotel at Reasonable Price”
Reviewed November 21, 2010

My Partner and I recently spent 8 nights in L'Hermitage Vancouver (Oct'10). We selected this Hotel after consideration of Trip Advisor Reviews.
The Hotel, which is very centrally placed in Downtown, was excellent in virtually all respects. Our Suite, Open Plan Living Room incl Kitchen Area, Bedroom, Office/Study space & Bathroom was both spacious and well equipped. The Kitchen area included Hob/Oven/Fridge/Dishwasher/MicroWave and Coffe Machine (Pods). Their were TV's in both the Lounge & Bedroom and wireless Wi-Fi was available. The Hotel also has an impressive Breakfast Room which provided an extensive Buffet Breakfast and a Coffee Machine providing decent Coffee which is usually difficult to find with Hotel Breakfast ( you might guess from this that my Partner is very "picky" where Coffee is concerned).
The Hotel also has Gym/Outdoor Pool facilities which we didn't use. A Restuarant was about to open on the Ground Floor.
Perhaps even more impressive than these facilities was the attention and support from the Staff. Staff on the front desk & in the Breakfast Room were always attentive, polite and helpful. However, I thought the Concierge Desk Staff were even more impressive. During our stay, amongst other things, they arranged Bookings at hard to get into Restaurants and sorted out Car Hire arrangements. They were also helpful in suggesting must do's for our Itinerary. All this for an Nightly Rate of only £150.
Would I go back - I wouldn't look anywher else.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Spacious, beautifully appointed rooms plus personable and very helpful staff + a canine concierge! Very conveniently located downtown. Well stocked breakfast buffet in spacious public rooms (available all day) and excellent service from all staff made this an unforgettable and, hopefully, repeatable experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 20, 2010

The L'Hermitage Hotel made me feel welcome right from the get go...I received a complimentary upgrade, this was very unexpected, however I was extremely grateful - the room in my opinion was massive for a solo traveller, which almost made me feel a little ashamed to be utilising on my own...!

I have stayed in many hotels around the world and never experienced the simple touch of the personal welcoming card on the ktichen benchtop before...kudos to the GM of L'Hermitage Glenn Eleiter, walking through the doors & receiving this note reassured me immediately that I had chosen the right hotel...!

Unfortunately I didn't spend that much time at the hotel itself so I wasn't able to enjoy all the amenities the hotel had to offer - however free internet in the business centre was appreciated...

The staff were all very professional & friendly...the SkyTrain was within close walking distance making it extremely easy travelling to & from the airport...

I had only wished that I had stayed more than two night at this wonderful establishment - I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to any of my friends and will definitely be back...!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank kiwikaileigh
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Nothing is left out. Great services and friendly, helpful staff. Beautiful, spotless luxurious rooms. Comfy elegant beds. Not only did we sleep well but also slept in! Delicious, reasonably priced buffet breakfast. Spa pool and hot tub, out doors but heated and inviting. The rate was affordable, couldn't believe what we got for the $$. They don't skimp on bath products or the chocolates on our pillows and even provide complimentary 'disposable ' slippers which are comfy enough to take home and use for visitors. Didn't want to leave, will be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This was our fourth visit to Vancouver, but our first stay at L'Hermitage, chosen on the basis of previous reviews. Our room was a "Boutique" - not extra large - but the big, beautifully appointed bathroom had the toilet in a separate room. Excellent.
We assumed we'd have cleanliness and up-to-date fittings (which we did), but we did not expect to be greeted by name every time we walked through the lobby! Made us feel special!
L'Orangerie provided the breakfast setting we like - quiet, classy and good value for money. Kimberley served us quietly and efficiently and we enjoyed chatting to her. :) The supermarket around the corner had all we needed for snacks, etc.
We borrowed the hotel's two bikes and helmets (which should be booked in advance), walked them to Stanley Park and then rode around there. Great fun and, of course, fabulous scenery!
The convenience of secure, on-site, valet parking was worth the $25 a night.
Hippo, the Canine Concierge, adds a bit of fun to the hotel and we have the impression that all the staff love working here.
We plan to return to Vancouver, and L'Hermitage hotel will be the first thing we book!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RJB72
Southbury, Connecticut
Reviewed November 17, 2010

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending two nights at L'Hermitage. Our room was a one bedroom boutique suite facing the street. The room was immaculate and tastefully decorated with high end treatments. The living area was a comfortable size, had sufficient space and included a fireplace and small wet bar area including a refrigerator. The bathroom was quite large with double sinks (marble), a separate water closet and glassed in shower. While the bedroom was small, it was adequate for a king size bed and provided a cozy and romantic sleeping area. Glass doors off the bedroom led to a balcony overlooking the street and included a small table and chairs. Even though the room faced the street, noise was not an issue. Excellent, high quality bathrobes were provided and the bed linens were a comfortable high thread count. Quite luxurious.

The front desk staff and attendants were welcoming, friendly and very helpful with restaurant recommendations and local attractions. While we did not travel with pets, the hotel is extremely pet friendly and have a resident dog Hippo who sleeps quietly in the corner of the lobby and loves attention from guests. Hippo has his own calling card and title of Manager of Canine Services....a cute touch.

The location is excellent and is in easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and bars.

We had a car and parking is an additional charge but the valet service to retrieve the car was fast and friendly...worth the price as parking in Vancouver is a problem.

If you are looking for a smaller venue of relaxed luxury and high quality service with a personal touch this hotel is for you. We loved it and would welcome the opportunity to visit again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Reservations for 6 nights. Lovely hotel. Attentive staff. Asked for a quiet room - the 5am (unasked-for) wake-up was trucks in back of the building, backup signals blaring, tailgates crashing. I was told by the hotel desk at 5am that the hotel had complained to the city before about the garbage collection noise early each morning.
All I wanted was a nice, quiet room. The hotel could have put me on the other side of the building, away from the noise they new was going to occur. Instead, I was given a room that was blasted by the vehicle noise for over an hour that morning.
I made arrangements around 7am to move to another hotel. At 8:30, when I went to check out I was then offered a change of rooms, even an upgrade if I would stay.
Thanks but no thanks. The quiet room was mandatory, not optional. The hotel I moved to, not as nice esthetically, but quiet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business