“Home away from home.”

Ranked #1 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Nanaimo, Canada
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We felt right at home at L'Hermitage. The service was on point from the moment we arrived; everyone from the Chamber Maids to the Door Men gave us a warm hello. The decor and location - perfect. We had great nights sleep in the cozy beds and regardless of the construction across the street, the windows/room are so sound proof, even a light sleeper like me had no problem. We borrowed the hotels bikes for 4 hours and toured Stanley Park and False Creek. Thinking of everything, they had a backpack stocked with water bottles and a map to borrow; this allowed us to pick up wine and snacks for a stop at English Bay Beach! There was a spacious walk in closet, small separate office, two bathrooms, living room and a fully stocked kitchen in our one bedroom suite. The only two small improvements in my opinion would be to add a dresser to the bedroom as there is none; we couldn't hang all our clothes so the rest had to stay in our suitcases. Also, when I worked out in the gym, there was no "Step" to use. Apart from that, a perfect stay! Thank you L'Hermitage.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (816)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I was extremely pleased with this hotel. We booked a fully fitted-out suite, with kitchen and laundry. It felt more like an apartment than a hotel room, and was perfect for a six-day stay. The kitchen was not only modern and well-designed, but fully stocked with good-quality supplies for real cooking -- not just heating up takeaway food. I used, and was pleased with, the newish washer and dryer (a single-use box of detergent was provided, and replaced). The stone-tiled bathroom was spacious, the water pressure in the shower (which had both a "rain" shower head and a handheld shower option) was very good. Toiletries provided were average quality, as were the towels, but all items were replaced when used. Extra towels were stocked under the sink. Our bedroom was comfortable and quiet, the bed linens good -- if not luxurious -- quality (my husband found the rather small bed too hard, but I liked it). Even though our rooms faced the massive, noisy construction project on Richards Street, we didn't hear that commotion at all. Our suite included an entry-hall closet for wet raincoats or overcoats or -- in our case -- a separate place for my husband's clothing so I could have the huge bedroom closet to myself (yes!). The only negatives I would mention were the loud fan or compressor we heard when the climate control system cycled on, and a very uncomfortable, rock-hard, sofa in the sitting room.

Housekeeping was impeccable. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful without being overbearing.

Our booking package included valet parking (highly recommended if you come with a car) and breakfast. Although the breakfast was ample and delicious, the breakfast-room staff gracious, and the range of choices adequate, the offerings do not change from day to day. If I stay there again I will make my own breakfast in my room. (There is a grocery store just half a block from the hotel.)

The workout room is modest but very tidy. The small lap pool is really a one-person affair, so if you want to do more than a quick dip you may want to plan to swim at an odd time when no one is competing for space. The jacuzzi, though, was nice and hot, with powerful jets.

We were visiting Vancouver for a conference at at the Pan Pacific, and we ended up at L'Hermitage only because that hotel was booked up and the pickings were slim for other lodging at or near Canada Place. When we saw that we could book a spacious suite at L'Hermitage for less than the price of a tiny room with hideously dated decor and a view of the harbor (I won't mention the hotel), the choice was clear. I am so glad we chose as we did. I will definitely stay here again if I return to Vancouver!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Pickypickyme2
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Staying at this hotel, was one of my best traveling decisions. Everything was perfect. The location couldn't be better, we walked everywhere we wanted to go, and it is sorunded by great restaurants. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The rooms are very beautifull and confortable, could easily stay in all day. It has a nice library. the breakfast was very tasty, complete and at a reasonable price.
I wil definetly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2014

You feel like your coming home! Wonderful rooms, beautifully kept by the warm friendly staff. Add Raymond Wong to help you find your way and you have a perfect vacation. Just the right size and great location for touring on foot or bike. 3 sisters and Mom found this the perfect escape!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Realy fine hotel in good location. I cannot recall a more pleasant hotel staff in dozens of recent trips. Salt water outdoor lap pool was perfect for an addicted lap swimmer. Did not go to the restaurant.

Room Tip: We had a room facing large construction project across the street, and it was not a problem. Work d...
Calgary
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had been travelling for a few days and had a wonderful dinner reserved in Vancouver but when we got to the hotel, we decided to settle in, enjoy the amenities, order room service and not leave.

The hotel has a lovely pool area and gym. It is also a very warm and welcoming hotel if you are spending a few days and want to either sit in your room or go to the library and enjoy the quiet. It was lovely. A great place on a rainy day.

Breakfast was very good and I would suggest including it in your reservation. The service was first class.

Our room did not have a great view overlooking the construction but it did have a lovely sitting area, a subzero refrigerator, Bosch stove and a washer and dryer. I would have gladly moved in for a week but sadly no time.

The location is very good and close to lots of good restaurants. I would also consider this over my usual hotels in Vancouver for business travel. I just loved the calm, the first class service and the beautiful amenities.

Room Tip: Stay longer than one night if you can.
1 Thank JECan
san diego
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful 2 night stay in this hotel. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. Couldn't have asked for better service. We took advantage of the "Travelers Special" and the breakfast was terrific and the parking was compted. The location is great for walking!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends