“Wonderful stay with the family!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful stay with the family!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel over the March Break. We took our 2 teenagers and had a wonderful time in Vancouver. The hotel was located so close to everything we wanted or just a short drive away. The service was lovely and the rooms were near perfect. When we return to Vancouver, we will definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TO-ski-mom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (817)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great Hotel!!!!, perfect location, very clean, very quiet, lovely beds, just a good feeling when i stay here! will be back again, and again! great staff. i have stayed at other spots in this price range nothing compares!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Very good service and excellent value for money!
Location is very central, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I couldn't find any movie channels (but didn't really look hard for it) and the gym wasn't very big, but I would book it again if I would need a hotel in Vancouver. Very happy customer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Thank you L'Hermitage for a wonderful stay! My boyfriend and I stayed for only two nights for a quick weekend getaway from April 25 to April 27 in the Boutique Room. I wanted a suite but by the time I booked the room it was already sold out, although I still loved the room. It faced the street with the construction but we were not bothered with any noise. Before our stay I emailed the hotel asking them questions and I was surprised at how quickly and graciously they responded to my questions. They were extremely helpful and once I checked in they were just as nice in person. I really enjoy boutique hotels and this is definitely at the top of my list.

This was our first time visiting Vancouver and the location of the hotel is fantastic. We walked everywhere we wanted to go. I absolutely love this city, especially coming from Los Angeles where there's always traffic and all that nonsense! I loved walking and biking around the city. We stayed for such a short time that we didn't use any of the amenities but we will definitely be back again. Next time, I'll make sure to book the suite! My first time in Vancouver was such a wonderful experience and I am grateful for L'Hermitage for making my stay a great one. I must also say that Canadians are very nice people!

1 Thank Fancy S
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at L'Hermitage Hotel for four nights in April 2014 and agreed that everything about our visit was perfect. This hotel is located in a great spot downtown: on Richards but just a few steps away from Robson, where you'll find restaurants and shopping galore.

Directly downstairs of the hotel is a Marketplace, which made things really convenient for us to buy water and munchies.

Also directly downstairs is a Tim Horton's, so we had delicious coffee every morning. The hotel room had a Nespresso machine. We didn't use it, but I thought it was a nice touch. The hotel also serves a hot breakfast buffet, but it's pretty steep at $19.50 per person.

The staff was very friendly, but it was the service we received from the bell desk was extra and genuinely nice.

This hotel must have thick walls or something, because not once were we bothered by noise from any other party.

The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom nice and spacious! The toilet was separate from the sink/bathtub, which is my favorite setup. There is a luxurious bathtub AND a separate shower!

Check-out time is noon, which is great for us on vacation and like to sleep in on the last day!

Our favorite part about L'Hermitage was that they have two nice Specialized bikes (in good shape) for rent at no cost, for four-hour increments at a time. The bell desk is ready with locks, backpacks, and bike maps for you. What a great added-value. Be sure to reserve your bikes ahead of time.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.It began with us missing the hotel as we tried to find it and the bell boy was just returning from his break and asked us where we wanted to go.We told him and he helped me with my bags even though he was on a break from work.
It was only 10am in the morning but although we could not check in they sent us to their lounge area for complimentary drinks.
There was a false fire alarm in the night and they gave us a $50 credit from our bill to say sorry from the unintended wake up call in the middle of the night.
The accommodation was comfortable.We broke up our stay with a night in Whistler and they upgraded us on our return to an apartment room with laundry and cooking facilities.The furnishings were very modern.
The concierge was very informative as to where to go .
Same bellboy when leaving was very attentive helping us get a taxi and put all our luggage in the taxi.There were four of us with two pieces of luggage each.

Room Tip: Pick the room with laundry and kitchenette.-two bedroom signature suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Frances O
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

My partner and I where staying in Vancouver (our favorite weekend getaway spot) for a few days to celebrate her birthday, and after having carefully planned most of our trip to take advantage of the "beVancouver" promotion that was being run by many of the properties in the city, I decided to add additional night stay (Sunday) to our itinerary when I saw what great rates were being offered here at the L'Hermitage (to be clear, this property was NOT part of the "beVancouver" promotion we took advantage of at two other hotels, but was running an excellent rate the same weekend)

Boy, am I glad I did.

The first thing that struck us was the entrance. We actually drove by it the first time without noticing, because it is so restrained. Looking more carefully the second time around the block, we both commented how it was perfect - perfectly classy without being grandiose, easy to overlook unless you were looking for it, yet everything you'd expect for a world class boutique property. Sort of like the simple but incredibly elegant little black dress of hotel entrances...

There were only a few more steps taken when we were again incredibly impressed by the lobby. Small, understated, but so classy...so beautiful. Just....tasteful. We actually stopped to take a picture of my GF (it was her birthday) - something we have never done before.

Once we arrived on our floor, again...impressed. The glass walled lounge, with the staircase and bookshelves were the perfect offset to the row of rooms entries on the other side furnished / decorated in a very modern yet classy and understand way. I don't know that I have eve been impressed by a hotel's HALLWAY before, but I was this time.

Noticing a pattern?

The room? Yes - lovely. Not over the top, but...lovely. French doors into the bathroom (only compliant - the doors were misaligned and difficult to open and close...we actually couldn't believe it given how perfect everything else was) that had a separate room for the actual commode / toilet area apart from the shower (with separate soaking tub) and vanity area. Marble everywhere. Well lit. Classy.

The rest of the room? Well, there was the balcony / patio area, complete with nicest outdoor furniture (chairs and table) I have ever seen. There was the in-room electric fireplace. The oh how so convenient EMPTY small refrigerator hidden away in the dresser unit (why don't more hotels do that - offer a small refrigerator that isn't stuffed with over priced booze?) . The comfortable bed. The comfortable sofa to lounge on.

And the staff? Amazing. As helpful and friendly as could be.

Summary - yes, this place is a bit pricey...I don't know if we would be willing to pay the sort of rates I saw when I check for other weekends before writing this review...but for out stay (which was at about 2/3 the typical rate it seems) it was a good value, and more over EVERYTHING exceeded expectations. We travel to Vancouver 2 or 3 times every year for getaway weekends, and you can be assured I will be checking rates at the L'Hermitage before booking anything anywhere else...