“Quality 5 star hotel.”

Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Munich, Germany
“Quality 5 star hotel.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Believe the great reviews you read, this hotel is exceptional! The service is friendly and helpful, rooms are immaculate. The beds and duvets so comfortable! The bathroom products are lovely and the Lindt chocolates on the pillow for the turn down service are a great touch. Excellent location, close to Rogers arena (for any Canucks games). Can't wait to stay here again. Just superb!!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Lisavdh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (849)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed overnight in L'Hermitage on the way to Whistler. Though we had booked a good sized room, we were upgraded to one of the top suites and it was truly excellent. Superb facilities and great comfort - with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a lounge, kitchen area and even a study, plus two private patios!
The staff could not have been more welcoming, friendly, helpful and courteous. Altogether, based on our experience an excellent stay,and we'll definitely stay again if we need overnight in Vancouver.

Room Tip: No particular advice. We were very lucky to be upgraded.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JohnHerring
Toronto
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great location with easy walking access to everywhere that counted. Nice room; comfy bed; great bathroom and amenities. Late check out no problem. Very pleasant and helpful staff.
A number of minor issues: lousy key cards that had to be reset every day; WC issues; HVAC with a mind of its own (every now and then); some room features too complicated. Room service got my order wrong (yummy, nevertheless).
In the end though, great value for money - the only metric that counts for me.

1 Thank World-Traveller-one
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Super Friendly Staff. Upgraded Room. Prime location. What more could you ask for? I think that bathroom was as big as the bedroom. Very nice hotel. I will stay here again! Everyone kept apologizing about the construction across the street. I didn't hear a thing all night or day. Too bad I had a 6am flight. I wanted to stay in that room forever!

1 Thank citrusboy
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I made a last minute request for a king sized bed and an early check-in and not only were they very friendly about it, they actually got it all set up 15 minutes before I arrived. The room was larger than I expected and the washroom was one of the best and cleanest hotel washrooms I've been to. Also, the bed was very comfortable as it wasn't too soft nor too hard. My overall experience here is amazing and I would definitely come back! I got a little boutique room by the way.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed for two nights at this property in Vancouver. I reserved it due to the great reviews I read in tripadvisor and other places. I must add my vote to the many here concerning this hotel. I arrived by taxi from Vancouver airport and the first impression I got was that everyone pounces upon you to be helpful, kind and friendly. I have seen this kind of hospitality in Asia before, but never in the Americas. I would say what sets this place aside from any other good hotel in the Americas that I've been to is that the people will try to do anything and everything to be kind. In a great hotel, people will try to be helpful and to respond to any reasonable request and/or concern. They respond when addressed. In this property, people address you, and try to anticipate something you might need. The room I was in was extremely comfortable, internet worked well (good speed, easy to start), the place was spotless, and the people went out of their way to help you figure out the city. The hotel is situated a few short blocks from public transport, which in Vancouver is actually civilized. My room was on a low floor, so my view wasn't the best, and on top of that there is a mega-construction project in front of the hotel. In fact, I was warned at the front desk that there is construction in front of the room on the other side of the street, and I was told that if I found it bothersome they would be hapy to move me. I went up to my room with my heart in my mouth, since I was in serious need for some tranquility and rest. But the place is well-enough constructed that you can barely hear the construction activity outside- I would say not more than one could hear as street-noise from the 10th floor in a normal hotel. Maybe a slight occasional hum, but by no means anything like the din and racket I expected to hear when I saw the scale of the construction. They somehow insulated the place well. Or maybe on the days I was there I was lucky. In all, this place really is meritiorious because it is located very well both in connection to the business center as well as to Vancouvers excellent public transport. And the people are trained in the spirit of the best Asian hotels..

Room Tip: The higher ones are the best, probably. I had a lower one, but it was still good.
1 Thank adambena
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The room was large and new and bathroom was extra-large, looked shiny, new and luxurious. The AC was really quiet (in some hotel you can have warm night only with lot of noise). The location was perfect for us.

We had breakfast and it was delicious.
We really enjoyed hot pool and jacuzzi on the roof. My boyfriend tried gym (for free).

But all these things wouldn't be so cool without the staff. They were so kind and helpful! You can say this is their job - but we stayed in similar hotels where staff don't bother even to say hello.
They even did more then we asked them to. And I can say it made us feel special.. :)

We travel to Vancouver every year and we finally find hotel where we would like to return. I hope you stay the same as you are.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple