“Excellent suite, just as expected!”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel in late November, travelling with my mother. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, which we booked on hotels.com for $180 per night. The décor was excellent, the service and attitude of all the staff was top-notch, and the room was very nice. There was a sofa bed in the living room that was perfectly comfortable to sleep on, and the door to the bedroom provided plenty of privacy. The bathroom was gorgeous as well, with a separate shower and bath, and the toilet was in a separate small room. The breakfast buffet was very nice with a selection of hot and cold items and great service from the wait staff. Only complaint is that the hot items were not kept hot enough... but were still warm. This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in in North America, rivaling some of the five-star hotels in Asia that I've stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,010)

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I recently spent 6 nights at the L'Hermitage. The service was outstanding. Any request was taken care of immediately and handled better than I could have asked for. My room (a corner suite) was spacious, clean and cozy with an electric fireplace. It felt like coming home at the end of each day of sightseeing and shopping. The hot tub was wonderfully hot on cold winter nights. I want to thank Kimberly at the front desk especially for the care she took in making my visit better than I could have expected.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We checked in for a 2 night romantic getaway in a fireplace suite and were treated warmly by Me An. Our room was facing the construction, but An was able to move us to the back for the second night. I loved the free WiFi, and the gym was well equipped, clean, and had both cardio and weights. The hotel is within easy walking distance of yaletown restaurants (try Brix!) and Robson street (try Bacchus!).

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RunningFaster
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed her for three days after a fairly lengthy trip visiting 5 U. S.National Parks in September,2012. Terrific location; very friendly, efficient, accomodating staff; very clean with great amenities. Our room was a suite with a very comfortable bed , a spacious bathroom , and a roomy sitting area. My wife loved the Nespresso machine. Free Wifi was appreciated. Breakfast was marvelous and the service impeccable. Great location convenient to the hop on/off bus stop and several fine restaurants. The concierge twice made reservations for us and even had a special appetizer sent to our table at Yew(fantastic food!!). We highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a suite ---the extra cost is well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gpa596
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and usually stay at the Bayshore Westin. I stayed one night and wished I could have stayed longer. The hotel is lovely and the staff was top notch. The restaurant was expensive but very good.
My only complaint is the construction across the street. Just be aware it starts early and is loud.
If I stay again I will ask for a room on the opposite side of the building. The room was so lovely when I got in I didn't want to change.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the construction sight.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Overall: I travelled with my husband and my parents for a US Thanksgiving week trip. As has been said in previous reviews, the facilities are great, the location is ideal (within walking distance of the Skytrain and other major touristy spots (art museum, Pacific Centre shopping area, Gas Town, Chinatown, local hospital – more on this later). Unfortunately, we had a family emergency during our stay at L’Hermitage (my father fell and hit his head). Ironically, it was the sound proof rooms that wasn’t to our advantage for this stay (we were staying in adjoining rooms, and although my mother banged on the joining doors, she had to call our room to get our attention). Let me say that the staff’s concern, in particular Ann at the front desk was fantastic. All of the staff were very service oriented, but the concern that Ann had during our stay was notable.

I really like their “common” areas, like the lounge area and the gym – both were clean and well-kept. We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel, although it may have been worth it since we could only find small diners or fast food within walking distance (we like a big warm breakfast, there are plenty of Starbucks and other coffee shops in the area).

Check in: I liked the fact that the hotel didn’t charge my card for a first night stay. No problem with checking in, although I made the reservations all under my name, my parents didn’t have a problem checking in as they arrived before we did.

Rates: $165 + tax per night, no resort fee.

Internet: Easy! No password, and it worked flawlessly on my laptop and my iPhone.

Room: Spacious, nice mini fridge with two wine glasses and a cork screw. The HDTV is a bit difficult to figure out, we had to call down to the front desk – but it may have been operator error. Loved the bathroom with separate bath and shower.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again should I come back to Vancouver!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on 26-27 November during a brief business trip and really enjoyed my stay. The check in process was friendly and efficient with an upgrade to a larger room. Apologies were given in advance for any disruption caused by the construction over the street (but none was heard due to the double glazing). The room was large and airy with a great bathroom, comfortable furniture and a king size bed. I also enjoyed the free high speed broadband.

I only dined for breakfast but it was excellent with a good selection of fresh fruits, granola, yoghurts and a cooked selection of eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes. There was also some cold BC salmon and bagels.

The location of the hotel is very good between Georgia and Robson and a couple of blocks from Granville Street. I enjoyed shopping at the Pacific Centre which is only a couple of blocks away.

Overall a very satisfactory stay - giving a touch more luxury than the 4 star business hotels I usually stay in and great service! Good value for about 150 Cdn per night given the quality. I would recommend it to other business travellers.

• Stayed: November 2012