“Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

The amenities, breakfast buffet and service at this hotel are excellent. Concierge helped us reserve a table at a great restaurant nearby (Goldfish) and we used the bikes to see Stanley Park.

Room Tip: booked through Expedia
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

I made our reservations based on Trip Advisor reviews, and I'm glad that I did! The hotel is centrally located in the downtown area of the city -- a ten minute walk from Yaletown and Gastown and close to shopping on Robson St. From the moment I made the reservation until our departure, the service was excellent. I requested a quiet room and we were given a room on the top floor of the hotel facing the pool, which was perfect. We reserved a suite in order to have extra room and a kitchen. While the bedroom was a bit small, the living room and kitchen area was very comfortable and it was nice having free wireless service. In addition, the kitchen was the best hotel kitchen I have ever seen -- fully equiped with modern appliances and accessories (they even had a toaster, blender, and electric tea kettle) and it had a gas stove!! There is a supermarket right around the corner from the hotel which is very convenient.

Every member of the staff who we interacted with was friendly, helpful, and gracious. When I needed something from Housekeeping, they came right away. The Concierge gave us a number of restaurant recommendations. Kimberly helped us plan a wonderful outing to Granville Island and happily answered all of my questions, offering lots of great advice. We had breakfast one morning at the hotel and really enjoyed the variety, service, and ambience. I was impressed that they served organic eggs!

I recommend the Kingston Taphouse across the street from the hotel as well as Nuba, a Lebanese restaurant in Gastown. We also took the Aquabus from Davie St. to Granville Island, which really added to the experience.

Overall, L'Hermitage is a great hotel to explore the city, and I plan to stay there again next time I visit Vancouver.

Humres32
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

I'm picky. I rearch everything via Tripadvisor, Fodor's, Frommer's, etc. This place was fantastic and I'd stay here again. Modern, spacious and well maintained. We upgraded our room to what constitutes a small 1 bedroom apartment. The room was very nice. The bed and pillows were comfortable; the bathroom is segmented so the toilet is separate from the shower & sink. Nice touch with having bathrobes and slippers. We were lucky to get a corner room with a decent view. Parking will run $25/night plus tax. Tim Hortons and Starbucks are right around the corner. We opted to go there for breakfast versus paying the $17.50/person breakfast at the hotel. We did eat at the Italian restaurant and it was very good.

If you are wanting to stay right in the main hub of activity, then you need to know the main activity (shopping on Robson Street and the clubs/bars/movies on Granville) are several blocks away. Not a bad walk, but thought I'd mention it.

If you're looking for suggestions on what to do, we drove to Stanley Park and did some walking along the river. We then up to Grouse Mountain. It was a nice day. We only had a short visit in Vancouver, unfortunately.

Stay at L'Hermitage. You will not be disappointed.

Pacific NW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

I really don't have much to add to what many other reviewers have said. This hotel is in a perfect location, offers great service and is an outstanding value for the price. The rooms are very nice and spacious.

The staff is very helpful and friendly from bellmen, valet to check in. The shopping district is just blocks away and there are many restaurants and pubs nearby. This is also an ideal location if you are attending an event at Rogers Arena (like 2 nights at Bon Jovi!)

Book this hotel without hesitation and you will be glad you did!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

I was blown away by the hotel. I chose to stay here as opposed to the Fairmont Vancouver (the conference hotel). From the moment i walked in where they welcomed me by name, even before i checked in to the note on my night stand addressed to me welcoming me; to the free internet; business center; the muted sense of luxury and pampering; it was superb. They upgraded me to a boutique room with a fire and balcony; and the rates were so reasonable.
Remarkable service. And a great restaurant next door.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

The hotel is beautiful inside and out. In the middle of the night a fire alarm went off (turned out it was set off by the restaurant attached and turned out to be a false alarm) and we all evacuated for 30 minutes. This was a hassle but not the managements fault and they hurried to make it right! In the morning we were given a free breakfast and $100 off our room rate. For something that wasn't even their fault! They were very professional and very kind throughout our stay. Housekeeping was wonderful and all the staff extremely helpful. We will go back as soon as we can! Walking distance to everything!

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

My second time at L'Hermitage and it's still #1 in my opinion for the best hotel in Vancouver. The rooms are super clean, comfortable with just the right amount of luxurious touches. Things I I love about this place: the compact but very functional kitchen with high-end appliances; the charming common outdoor space with the heated saltwater lap pool and the hot-tub. Location also great, next to the entertainment district (but far enough away from the noise) and next door to grocery store, and loads of restaurants, shops.

Normally I don't find the service at hotels anything to comment on but this place is noticeably different. Everyone, including the porters are very friendly and all seem to be socially gifted. They're happy to talk to you, answer your questions, joke with you and help you with whatever you may need. Lots of nice touches at this hotel - (e.g. they delivered a complimentary bottle of chilled bottle wine to our room for my husband's birthday).

Can't say enough good things about L'Hermitage. I hope it never changes, they've got the right formula.

Room Tip: Recommend the botique solarium