“Latino on the edge”

Baru Latino Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Baru Latino Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #630 of 3,948 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Point Grey
Cross street: West Broadway / West 10th Ave
Transit: 99B Line stop, #7 Dunbar,#4, #17, #9
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Fabulous food at this trendy intimate doody haven on alma. The food certainly had that Latin flare and was delightful.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

A small, warm, friendly, very well designed local restaurant with an excellent menu; good variety witout being over-extended; fresh flavours and very fresh ingredients. This has been a favourite of ours for years. I could eat the trio of fish soft tacos every night. The plantain is great too.
From the menu of several, very fresh ceviches, soups + salads, to the seafood, fish, vegetable and meat tapas, as well as the entrees, the kitchen has a deft hand. We often order a few tapas to share with a bottle from the good wine list. The entrees, such as steak, cod, mussels + paella are consistently tasty too. The service is friendly and very knowledgeable without pretentiousness. Good music + ambiance. Never let's us down.

2  Thank CEA1
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Was in Vancouver on vacation and had a Canadian friend recommend this place to us and it didn't disappoint. the owner / manager, not sure which helped us with our choices and they were great. Probably ate more than i should have but it was excellent.
had the chili prawns, tuna ceviche and mussels. i don't normally like mussels but these were excellent. it was just my wife and I and we were fairly full but i insisted on the Halibut tacos.
great place and atmosphere and it's always fun when you do a shot with the owner. not sure what it was but good.

1  Thank Joel G
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have lived just down the street from this restaurant for almost two years, and just dined here for the first time last week. I can't believe it took me so long to make it over, and I'm sure happy I did! The service was amazing, food (we ordered tapas and dessert)was very tasty, and the atmosphere was energetic. It's a great spot for a date or a group outing. I will definitely be going back more often.

1  Thank babyblues33
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We were looking for a place to celebrate my wife's birthday. The Baru Latino restaurant looks inviting from the outside -- attractive lighting and a warm ambiance. The restaurant proved to be a complete delight. We had tapas this evening, selecting six dishes (including a dessert). The items were superb - tasty, well-presented, and substantial servings. The service personnel were great, relaxed and well-informed.

Put this place on your list of restaurants to visit on the west side of Vancouver. It is a real treat!