“Great!”

Cupcakes on Denman
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Located on Denman Street in Vancouver, across from Raincity Grill. A popular, retro-styled Vancouver-based retail bakery, Cupcakes specializes in whimsical cupcakes, cakes and other nostalgic baked goods made fresh daily. Co-founded by best friends Heather White and Lori Joyce in 2002, Cupcakes bakes their products from scratch and use preservative-free, basic ingredients, offering customers fresh batches of yummy goodness daily.
Reviewed February 25, 2015

Always stop here for a cupcake treat and they never disappoint. Highly recommend the coconut cupcake!

Reviewed October 6, 2014

My gal loves to visit cupcake (and other) bake shops to window shop. I'm always offering to buy one for her but she thinks they are too expensive (!). This time I insisted that she treat herself (as did our two friends) and thought that she would love the pumpkin flavoured one she finally decided upon. Not so. She let me have a taste and I agreed with her that it was dry. And the icing was waaay too sweet. Later when we met up with our friends again they said they had exactly the same opinions. So I guess it is back to window shopping again....

1  Thank GlobeTrotting809621
Reviewed September 13, 2014

Ok I have been to this place twice in the last month on touristy visits to the city. One was with a friend from the USA and one was with my step dad. I have tried the red velvet and the caramel chocolate and both were to die for...and about $3-5 each. Such a treat and you get a smile to go, too!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Yes, very tasty treats if a bit pricey. Smells heavenly when you walk by this location near end of Denman St close to English Bay. This is the original! Yes, there was a reality show too. I think the cupcakes were better a couple of years ago (as was the service) but the cupcakes are still very good. I always get the mini - kookoo is my favorite with coconut icing. Cupcakes are it. You take it to go. I think there may be one little french bistro table but this place is tiny. You are close to the beach and the park so be prepared to take it to go. Enjoy!

1  Thank JULOfrVan
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stopped here the evening before one of our birthdays because the following day was going to be spent in airplanes. It was open late and there was a good selection. The place smelled heavenly and the cupcakes were delicious!