“very good!”

Ranked #32 of 68 Bakeries in Vancouver
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Located on Denman Street in Vancouver, across from Raincity Grill. A popular, retro-styled Vancouver-based retail bakery, Cupcakes specializes in whimsical cupcakes, cakes and other nostalgic baked goods made fresh daily. Co-founded by best friends Heather White and Lori Joyce in 2002, Cupcakes bakes their products from scratch and use preservative-free, basic ingredients, offering customers fresh batches of yummy goodness daily.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Came to Vancouver from Ontario to visit, and thought to myself " Why not check out the cupcake store that I see on TV while I am here". I was not disappointed. We actually stopped at two different stores, and this was the better of the two. The owner was very friendly and my husband and her had a great laugh. The cupcakes here were fresher and I even bought two lip balms. Would buy another cupcake again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I wanted to like them but was so disappointed. The icing is so sugary, you can actually feel the sugar grains. The cake is dry and ...plain. Also, I witnessed the manager being mean to one of her staff. The staff looked like a new young hire and the manager had a very condescending attitude towards her (in front of me). I feel bad that I did not cancel my order on the spot because of that.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Received a big, red velvet cupcake from Cupcakes for my birthday. Came with a candle too. The frosting was delicious, the cupcake was moist and flavorful. Definitely recommend this place for all the cupcake connoisseurs out there. A Vancouver gem!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Get the Red velvet cheesecake or the Diva....i know I know...I don't care...delicious.

Look for the yellow taxi outside and you have found it. Or get a giant cupcake for a friends birthday.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had to check out this "cupcake" phenom which seems to be popping up all over. I am not a cake person, but I tried a coconut one and it was delicious.