“Cheap and good” 4 of 5 stars

Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Armstrong, Canada
“Cheap and good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Been here many times on my visits to Vancouver and its always the same. Service is not friendly or anything special but the sushi is pretty good! It's quick, and the portions are quite generous. I always ask for brown rice instead of white for $1.50 extra which is typical, but I'll be back next time I'm in Vancouver. We usually just order the daily special and gyoza and its always good. Great place to stop for a snack or lunch.

1 Thank Dayle K

Scottsdale
“LESS THAN HONEST, LESS THAN CLEAN AND OLD FOOD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This outfit is operated by a group of Chinese staff, not by Japanese or Korean personnel. I ordered two Bento Boxes and asked to replace the Tempura with an Avacado roll. She answered harshly "NO", at first. I apologized and said I was not able to eat oily food for health reasons. So she offered to replace my Tempura with an Avacado roll for $1 extra. I agreed, knowing that a whole Avacado roll is actually cheaper on their menu than a half order of Tempura. After a 17 minute wait, they gave me ONE To-Go box and asked me for $10.02. The Chicken box I ordered was $6.95. Plus a $1, that comes to $7.95. Plus tax and it should come to $8.90. How did it jump to $10.02? ANd I ordered two boxes, not one. I didn't have time to ask these questions and had to rush, so I paid and left. I discovered there was no Avacado roll in the box, but a half of a California roll. The salad was tiny and older than the Waitress herself. The chicken tasted really not fresh, indicating to me that they cook the chicken once a week and heat it up. I was actually seated at the counter where the Chefs work and could easily see inside the kitchen. They DID NOT cook the chicken today. And their dishes are hand washed, not machine washed. The scallop in the display fridge has become like pudding from old age and was smudged against the side of the plastic bowl. The quality of the food was poor. I will not visit again.

• Visited December 2012
Balfour
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“for a great deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

for a great deal in Vancouver if you like sushi this is the place. small and seating can be tough as it is a popular spot... The specials as in box deals give a great choice both for vegetarian and non alike. Parking on Broadway can be tough and watch out during no parking times as the tow truck will be there within minutes... Enjoy and thanks for reading my review. Phil

• Visited July 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“toro salmon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

great rolls and nigiri.
(don't just get the cheap lunch special as you will be missing out!)
i try to stop by or get take away at sushi bang each visit to the area and have not been disappointed. quality and very reasonable prices.

Visited August 2012
Kamloops, Canada
“We love shushi bang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

hi we have been going to sushi bang for many years, we have tried other sushi spots in vancouver but have decided that sushi bang is the place for us, when ever we travel to vancouver that is the place, our kids were quite young when we first started going there probably 20 years ago, and now they take their friends there when they hit the coast, we just went last week and were as happy as always with the food and service.

• Visited September 2012