“A bit overpriced and could be tastier”
Review of Gorilla Food - CLOSED

Gorilla Food
Neighborhood: Gastown
Neighborhood: Gastown
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Maybe I'm spoilt because in Seattle Chaco Canyon is such a good raw foods place. And of course Cafe Gratitude in Oakland and San Francisco is also excellent. I think Gorilla comes third. The food is expensive and not as polished as the other two places.

I had a greens juice that was very bitter and the main course, Green Curry Nice Bowl, which was supposed to have a lot of veggies-did but they were ground up, so it ended up being a big bowl of almost mush.

On the bright side, the guacamole, salsa and crackers appetizer was very good and probably is enough to fill one person for a meal. And, the Choco-gorilla shake was yummy, though the texture was a bit strange.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Yes, the place is cramped, yes if I want a cheap meal it is not what I would pick, but the staff are lovely and the food is amazing. I feel happier and healthier every time I eat the pizza and chocolate shakes here- how many places can you say that about?? Close to waterfront station, so I can walk up, grab a bite and continue on to the Canada line. Did this last flight I I took out of YVR and spared myself the belly bombs at the airport food court. Happy Healthy Eating !

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The pesto pizza is amazing, as is the chocolat pie, truffles and gorilla chocolate smoothie. The menu is packed with foods you always crave but cannot find anywhere as raw healthy food is rare to come by. The service here is pretty good, only ever waited for the smoothies because of the amount of people who beat me to it! You must try it, delicious, healthy and just affordable :)

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Visited Gorilla cos of reviews in TripAdvisor. Glad I did - not quite what expecting, in cellar & v studenty feel, but it works. Menu fab if after healthy salads - but v substantial portions. I had mixed rice & seeds with nearly-raw veg & satay sauce. Exactly what I needed. Loved the smoothie too. Staff v welcoming & helpful. Only criticism is that music bit too loud for such a relaxed environment.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our hotel was just next to this place, and we kept walking by it everyday while going towards things we had planned. One evening we randomly went in to see what the place was about.
I ordered a smoothie which was really nice, however when asking what was in the organic biscuits for sale, I got a very short answer seeming like I was a bit silly to ask, although all I was just interested in what was in the cookies.

There wasn't much atomosphere, but it was nice inside just lacking in something but I don't know what.

But the smoothies were really nice.