“Excellent dinner, exceptional service”

Seasons in the Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Seasons in the Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 3,873 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Cross street: Cambie Street
Transit: Seasons in the Park is located at the very top of Vancouver's second largest greenspace. There are public transit stops located along both Cambie (#15) and Main Street (#3). For more information on getting here CLICK HERE!
Description: Poised in Queen Elizabeth Park at the highest point in the city, and overlooking the exquisite quarry gardens, Seasons in the Park Restaurant is a local landmark in a class of its own, having set the standard for distinctive regional cuisine and exceptional service in Vancouver for almost 20 years. Centrally located and just a 10-minute drive from the Vancouver International Airport and Vancouver’s downtown core, this glass-wrapped restaurant features stunning views of Vancouver’s shimmering city skyline, the North Shore Mountains and Pacific Ocean. With innovative, seasonal dishes, the menu highlights West Coast and Pacific Rim influences and delivers clean, fresh, simple dishes. For private events Seasons in the Park offers four unique rooms, each boasting unparalleled views. Seasons in the Park is the quintessential Vancouver dining experience; simply the very best the Pacific Northwest has to offer.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We dined here with a large group of old friends. What a great choice for a restaurant. Here, we were able to enjoy delicious food, good drinks, wonderful conversation, fabulous service, and an amazing view of Vancouver. This restaurant has the whole package. I had the miso sablefish, which was done perfectly. My husband had the filet mignon, and it was really good. Nobody had any complaints about their food.
I do have a couple of comments about the menu though. I think the menu should state what the sides are with the entrees. I didn't know my miso sablefish came with mashed potatoes. (Due to lactose intolerance, I can't eat mashed potatoes.) Since it was "miso", I expected it to come with rice, which complements and best suits the Asian theme of the dish. Next time, I guess it's best to ask.
Also, I would like a wider assortment of dessert choices. Most of the desserts were ice cream, or had some sort of rich cream ingredient in it (again, my lactose intolerance). I would like to see a dessert that accommodated a lactose intolerant guest.
Regardless, we had a great evening, thanks to Seasons!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This restaurant has some of the finest views of Vancouver and the north shore mountains. Situated at the top of Queen Elizabeth Park, inside seating has two levels offering unobstructed views. Outdoor tables are the best on nice days. We went on Sunday and had brunch. The food was creative and excellent, but pricey as expected given the location.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Seasons is in an exceptional location with an outstanding view of Vancouver at night. We were seated at the front of the outdoor patio and enjoyed the view and the atmosphere. The food and wine are excellent, and service very attentive and courteous. Prices were reasonable for this above average restaurant.
The surround of the patio is fitted with huge gas fireplaces and there is a wealth of heating from the ceiling gas heaters.
The major irritant is the number of screaming children who should be placed in a family section so that adult diners can enjoy this event in peace. There are also a number of guests who think that they can take photos of anything anytime, even to the extent of squeezing in front of us - without apology - to take photos of the city skyline, and some photos included our party. This is obnoxious.
These guests were all Chinese, and it is possible that this courtesy has not yet been learned.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I where taken here by one of her old school friends while we were visiting Vancouver from the UK, we had a really good experience and would recommend it. The view and location are excellent and looking over th skyline while eating made it even more memorable. The food was excellent for all of us and tasted great and was good portion sizes and tasted really fresh. The service was good Bryan on the front desk was very helpful and our waitress was good and dealt with our requests efficiently and as we had a 2 yr old she was good in getting something's for her.
Why I haven't given it 5 stars is that it was slightly on the pricey side particularly the wine list and the service could have been a bit better eg the water and drinks.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were in vancouver for a week and this was the best meal and restaurant experience in vancouver during our stay. Whilst its more of a special occasion dinner it was worth the extra cost. It was also a very good value as some downtown vancouver restaurants charge almost as much for food of a much lesser quality.

I had the salmon for my main and my husband had the linguine. Both were very lovely dishes with fresh and flavoursome seafood.

We were also seated prompty and had excellent service during our dinner, the views are not to be missed, a romantic setting.