“Could be good, but.....”
Review of Senova Restaurant

Senova Restaurant
Ranked #1,551 of 3,803 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Vancouver
“Could be good, but.....”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I went recently with two friends from Germany. I ordered the veal parmigiana, which arrived with nicely warm meat, rubbish cheese and cold veg and mash. I did not say anything, but my female guest found that her salmon was pale and tasteless. She complained and they substituted the ocean perch which was piping hit and great. Generally the waiters did what they should, but were not particularly friendly. The impression is that they really don't give a damn, but will co-operate if pressed. I live only three blocks from the restaurant and have had poor meals from three different owners. I don't think of myself as a tough customer, but nobody who knows how to cook or run a restaurant sees to take over this place!

1 Thank Coylum

Vancouver, Canada
“Worst Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Went to Senova for a 50th Anniversary dinner and everything was terrible. The soup tasted like Campbells, the main course tasted like it was prepared the day before and the apple tart was appleless. The waitress forgot to bring drinks to our kids for 15 minutes and when she was asked for a straw she forgot and my wife went to the bar herself to get one. I would not recommend this restaurant and wish it was better as we live walking distance away.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank TravelAdventureBC
Vancouver, Canada
“A little gem”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a neighbourhood restaurant for us and I think it should receive far more attention. The chef works incredibly hard with his equally hard working partner at top speed turning out consistently great pasta and pizzas on the very popular half price evenings. I think he makes the best risotto I have ever had ...even in much fancier and expensive places and even in Italy!...and we have not found any dish that wasn't nicely presented and delicious. The service is friendly and fast. The menus on the board outside change daily and show a lot of care and innovation. The complimentary foccacia is hot, tasty and accompanied by a red pepper aoili that I wish I could duplicate!

• Visited June 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Had a really nice meal with very good service - enjoyed the pizza and risotto primavera. the caesar salad was nice and fresh but could have used a little more zip - garlic and lemon. wine list wasnt bad - would like to see more BC wines but surroundings were very nice -

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Jim N
BC
“update on south granville gem”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This neighbourhood Italian restaurant in south Vancouver seems to be getting busier and better. Had dinner there last night, and the grilled lamb shoulder, done medium rare, was superb, although for some it might have required a bit more grilling. The experienced all-male servers are professional and hard-working, and it amazes me that the chef and assistant can produce so many high quality meals without more help. This has become a regular place for us, and not just because of its convenient proximity. Looking forward to summer patio dining!

Visited March 2012