WINNER WONDERLAND

Uva Wine Bar
Ranked #329 of 3,595 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Granville Street
Description: Enticing cocktails, refined wines, eclectic import beers- Uva Wine Bar, located adjacent to the Moda Hotel, is Downtown Vancouver's enclave for connoisseurs of wines and spirits seeking a sanctuary that caresses the eye as well as the palate.From the finest charcuterie, to artisanal cheeses and hard-to-find wine selections, indulge in Uva Wine Bar's cosmopolitan, yet relaxed interpretation of a true Italian 'enoteca'.
Montreal, Canada
“Will not go back, ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Original plan was to go to Cibo, right next door. Since Cibo was full and Uva had the same menu, we went to Uva. It was Valentine's day and it was a little late for dinner. We walked in and were seated at a table near the entrance.

The servers looked like they were overwhelmed. It took 22 minutes (on my watch, yes I'm that kind of person) for someone to come to the table and bring us water. It looked like our table was not assigned to anyone and we were just there, waiting. It took another 15-20 minutes or so for someone else to come to the table to take our order. The server who took our order did not write it down and as we were getting multiple appys to start, I could not wait to see if we were going to get what we asked for.

We later got our food. The person who brought us our food was different than anyone we had seen at this point. I had to tell the poor guy that part of the food he was bringing to the table was not what we ordered. The food that we did get was very good. I'm thinking that there was no communication amongst the staff that night as we never fully got the food we ordered in the first place. I also never obtained the drink I ordered. By then, we had lost our appetite and just wanted out. The servers disappeared for a while there and the bartender realized no one was looking after us. I waved my hand and made the international sign for getting my bill, yes I still had to pay the bill. The bartender came over and asked us about our experience, he was a nice guy and probably noticed the lack of service we got. He unfortunately had to go modify the bill as we were still getting charged for the food we did not order.

The manager came to the table and quickly apologized but immediately attempted to justify the level of service we got. So and so was sick, so and so did not come in to work today... Here is a tip, if you know, as a manager that the level of service you provide is not up to par, it is your responsability to warn the customers when they walk in so they can make an informed decision on whether to stay and eat knowing full well that it is going to take a very long time to be served. A quick apology after I paid the full bill left a sour taste in my mouth. I will not go back, ever.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“This wine bar was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The service and ambiance was exceptional! The waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine and made excellent recommendations based on our tastes. This wine bar offers a small, cozy atmosphere with eclectic music. A great place to people watch and unwind! The waiter even bought us a glass of champagne when he found out we were celebrating our anniversary! Be sure to drop by and taste the delightful wines and tapas when in town.

1 Thank Monica H
Vancouver, Canada
“Really special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Uva is a little oasis in downtown Vancouver. I've never had a disappointing evening here. The most recent visit was with a girlfriend on an after work "must have wine and girl talk" night. It has the perfect ambiance for good conversation. As always the service was friendly, attentive but not intrusive. Love that you have the ability to share small plates of all sorts of tasty dishes or order off the Cibo menu if you want a full meal. Having had the pleasure of travelling to Italy several times, I hope I'm qualified to say the food is really authentic here. It's very regional and very good.There is a nice selection of wines and martinis. I almost hate to recommend this place because I like to think of it as my own little find :)

• Visited February 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect place Before a Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

This small little wine bar was the perfect place before a preformance at the Centre for Preforming Arts. The wine selection is well thought out, loved that they carried Le Stella and the cheese and meat plates offered varied selection of delicious boar, elk and pork.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AJBCgirl
Ottawa, Canada
“GREAT WINE SELECTIONS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stopped in after dinner for a glass of wine and had two thanks to a very knowledgeable waiter. Atmosphere is warm and inviting and service was perfect.

Visited December 2012