“Average”

Neighborhood: Commercial Drive
Vancouver
“Average”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I came here with a 7 others and we ordered 2 Chef's Choice Combination platters. Each platter serves 4 people. Some in the group were grossed out by the idea of eating with one's hands. They provide you some bread and you use it to scoop the food on the combination platter. We were definitely stuffed at the end of the meal mostly because we had consumed a lot of the bread. The bread was a bit too sour for my liking.

Service was not very good. We did not see the server that often and it took a while for us to get our bill. I would estimate about 10 minutes. Others in the group lowered the tip as a result of the spotty service.

One interesting thing is that the restaurant has African art displayed on the walls and those pieces are for sale. Comes at a minimum $1500 price tag.

We paid about $15 per person including tax and tip.

• Visited January 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“Love”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Well worth the wait. I've learned that if you want good food, sometimes you have to wait. I find that at most Ethiopian restaurants, it takes a while to get the food. Harambe is no different. This is my favourite Ethiopian place in Vancouver. Good prices, good food, lovely atmosphere and if you are lucky enough to have Tsigereda as your server, she is wonderful.

• Visited December 2011
Vancouver, BC
“I could eat here everyday.”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The food is SO good and very authentic. Staff are great and very helpful. There was a live band playing while we were there, which was quite nice.

• Visited March 2011
Gold Coast, Australia
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

the food was amazing, we are definitely recommending this place to all our friends

• Visited October 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Delicious Doro Wat”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This was the only pleasing meal I had while in Vancouver. After the horrible disappointments at Bao Bei and Vij's, this was a refreshing change of pace. It's hard to go wrong or be too disappointed with a $12 dinner, but I truly enjoyed my meal. The injera is fluffy and tart and the waitress confirmed that it is actually produced via the traditional slow fermentation method. My spicy chicken stew with egg (doro wat) was fabulous. I wasn't too keen on my husband's beef stew (alatcha wat). It had none of the flavor and spiciness of my dish. The waitress was gracious and helpful but a tad overworked. She was the only one working the floor so you might experience a bit of a wait (although maybe they weren't expecting that crowd on a Monday night). We were on vacation though and happy to relax and enjoy each others company. The somewhat rough exterior belies the interior, which is uniquely and well decorated.

• Visited August 2011