“I had to have one!” 4 of 5 stars

Neighborhood: West End
Phoenix
“I had to have one!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

There was a cart right in front of my Vancouver hotel. I passed by every day and said I was going to get one. Finally the last night, I stopped.
The Chicago roots in me will always want to try a good dog.
I cannot remember the one I had but it was delicious! Certainly a departure from the a Chicago Vienna Beef with everything including kraut, celery salt and bright green relish but you cannot beat the large portion, meaty textures, and layers of different flavors and spice. I wish all of the options were available at the cart. Their online menu shows many more choices. That said, I did have trouble picking one. I did not try the seafood or veggie options.
The 2 servers spoke very little English so I had trouble understanding the explanation of the different ingredients that I was not familiar with.
I did love the dog and would try others if I have the opportunity. I will say that one per trip would be enough -- it was very filling and was definitely packs a powerful punch of flavor.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Battmother

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auburn, California
“Hot dog!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Just the most amazing hot dog ever. Looking forward to goin to their LA location-- just so fun. Delicious meat not greasy, wasabi mayo tasty

Visited July 2014
Carmel, Indiana
“Japadog is delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Kobe all beef hot dog, ordered from a food cart. I tasted the one my husband got and then got one of my own!! The seaweed adds a nice texture and mild flavour--it isn't like the slimy stuff you see along the banks of the ocean. I got the one with a delicious sauce, (not sure what it was) seaweed and several other items, which I am not sure what it was, but combined made one of the best hot dogs I have ever had. Wish I knew how to recreate it. YUM

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Windsor
“Japadog man's best dog”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Who would have guessed that a hotdog with seaweed and some kind of savory sauce would be so good? (the Terimayo) kids even had the pure beef dogs plain and loved them. A little pricey for a "hot dog", but this is Vancouver...

Visited June 2014
Sheffield
“Yummy hot dogs with a twist!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The cart is situated on Burrard Street, I walked passed it several times, and finally the smells got me!! This is hot dogs with a Japanese twist, Japadog has several branches, there are the usual celebrity photos including Steven Segal and Daniel Dae Kim. My choice was a dog with seaweed, terriyaki sauce and Japanese Mayo, once the order is made, there is a 10 min wait, even at 5pm there was a big queue. The young ladies cooking the dogs were great theatre and when the dog came, it was dead yum!!

• Visited May 2014