“You really can't ask for more”
Review of Revel Room

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gastown
Cross street: Cordova
Transit: 10 minutes from Waterfront or Stadium Skytrain stations.
Description: Supper Club & Live Music Lounge showcasing Southern Inspired comfort food, Craft Cocktails, and Local music acts. Daily Boogie Piano for Happy Hour 4-6pm and evening shows from 7 until late. Rockabilly, Duelling Pianos, Blues and Old Country. We cater to event groups of all sizes - birthdays, corporate, meetups, engagements. Email us for more info! Revel is independently owned and operated by a small, tight knit crew. We opened our doors in 2008 with the goal of bringing a little bit of southern hospitality to Vancouver's funkiest neighbourhood in Gastown. 8 years and thousands of whisky sours later, we thank our patrons for all their support and hope to serve you into the future.
Bend, OR
“You really can't ask for more”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I found this gem in Gastown during my first trip to Vancouver six months ago. Now it is my first stop whenever I return.

Let's go down the list shall we.

Service: Excellent

Upon our most recent visit my girlfriend and I didn't arrive until around midnight after a long day of driving. We had barely eaten all day and were starving. Unfortunately all of the tables were occupied at the time, but the wonderful manager Genni sat us at the bar to have a couple of drinks until a table opened up. Our bartender Conner was delightful. Incredibly friendly and personable, the three of us had a great conversation while waiting and drinking on the deliciousness that are Revel Room's cocktails (I will get to that shortly). Once a table opened up, Genni politely sat us and we ended up carrying on an equally spectacular conversation with her before ordering up some sliders. All of the staff here are incredibly friendly and helpful. I wish this was the norm everywhere.

Food: Beyond Excellent

Pulled pork and Lean Beef sliders. Enough said right there, but I will elaborate. Flavor explosion in your mouth. Gastown is becoming known for its food and bar scene, but this food stands above the rest. Bourbon Vanilla Cheesecake for dessert makes for a great end to a lovely evening. Oh, and fresh baked cookies if you stay until last call.

Drinks: Even better then the food

Every drink I have had at the Revel Room has been outstanding. When the bartender asks what you want, and your response is "whatever you're making" (or something to that effect, "surprise me", "your choice", etc.), you see the excitement on their face, and the gears start turning. A few questions about what you like and he's off. There are times where we've had nothing but bartender's choices and they were all fantastic. Not only do you get to try a unique drink, but the bartender thanks YOU for allowing them to be creative and share their craft with you. (You ask for a bartender's choice down here in the US, especially in the dive bars, and you get a glare, followed by a glass of some well liquor and soda.) Their featured cocktails are splendid also and everything is super smooth. None of this choke on the drink as you swallow it because it's so strong nonsense. The flavor combinations are amazing, and they'll still get you schnockered.

Atmosphere: Excellent

The restaurant isn't huge, but it's cozy and quaint. You aren't having to yell to your date who's sitting next to you because the music is blasting so loud (although that may not be the case during their live jazz music nights. Haven't been there yet for those). You aren't elbowing the table next to you because the tables are crammed so close together. The vibe of the place is relaxed and cool, and yet elegant at the same time.

In conclusion:

Revel Room is all that you could ask for in a restaurant/bar and more. There is not a single bad thing I can say about this establishment. 5+ stars all around. Do yourself a favor and visit when you're in Vancouver, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Gryphonic

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Really like this place”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I'm a big blues fan so I was disappointed to end up there on a non-music night. However, our main goal was food and after reading some TA reviews we gave it a try.

My wife and I both had the shrimp appy's and the southern-style chicken which were both outstanding. Another big plus was the cocktail preparation. I'm alcohol-free, sadly, and the bartender made some excellent virgin Mojitos.
We were so full from all that we had to skip dessert. The waiter was friendly, knowledgable, and tried hard. Very happy overall.

• Visited July 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great foodie oasis in gaston”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Quite an eclectic selection of foods and tastes and textures. Also super bar scene with creative pours.

Visited April 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Great atmosphere with great food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

This place is a cute 2 level restaurant that is very lively on a Saturday night! (I haven't been any other night) The service was great! And the food was delicious. I had the black bean veggie burger and it was outstanding. Topped with their own homemade guacamole and a ciabatta like bun. I will definAtely be going back!

Seattle, WA
“Interesting interior and fun layout”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We sat upstairs at Revel late one Friday night. We ordered some fun cocktails, and the one my friend ordered was particularly great. It had strawberries and prosecco, but I don't remember the name. The service was fairly good, but not excellent. Being upstairs, we could look down over the bar. People watching and watching the bartenders do their thing were the highlights. One not-so-great part of the evening: When we sat down, I mentioned to our server that we would order food later, as I saw on the menu that they serve food until 1:30. At 1:20, I stood up and asked her if we could order food, and she said the kitchen had already closed. Overall, Revel has a really cool interior, friendly (if not attentive) service, and good drinks. I can't speak to the food, but it sounded good!

Visited March 2012