“Best hotel in Vancouver”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I live and work in Vancouver, and wanted a special night out for my best friend's birthday. I work in the tourism industry, and this is my favorite hotel in Vancouver. As usual, felt completely pampered and well taken care of. The rooms are immaculate and the bathrooms are out of this world!! Great location, fantastic service, and a real treat overall.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank stephaniecari

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Georgia is a top-notch property, I would absolutely stay there again. Every member of the staff we encountered from front desk to bellboy to spa were very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is gorgeous and very well maintained. The rooms have excellent bedding and very nice furniture, the heated bathroom floor and rain forest shower were very nice touches, and there was plenty of closet space.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris H
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia for my birthday and we had the best time. The hotel is not only beautiful, but it seems to have a boutique feel to it, which makes everything seem very personal. The service was the best I've had at any hotel - everyone from the bar staff to the maids were so friendly and accommodating. Definitely one to go back to!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Jaime E
Reviewed May 7, 2014

From the moment you walk into the lobby, you are surrounded by old architecture and poor lighting, the room decor is nice but there is a lot more to a rooms decor that makes a good stay.

The rooms are very nice but the service at this hotel has a lot to be desired not to mention its value for money is really not there.

Consider this:-
$500 per night, for an executive room (whats executive about it, NOTHING, see below) - on the expensive side
Added extras, there are none that are really wow, i mean yes you would expect gowns, coffee and tea making facilities, WHAT there is no tea making facilities, in fact there is no tea here at all, its BYO Tea to this hotel, and you will be expected to drink that BYO tea from the smallest Nespresso Cup available, OMG right! and it wasn't for the lack of trying
Noisy Location,
Concierge complete with attitude, at no extra cost. See below for more details,
Front Desk staff with little or no experience
Before using the wineglasses in the mini bar we needed to wash them as they were dirty with even lipstick mark on one of them, i mean really that is just gross.

You would expect at least a daily newspaper, NO not at this hotel for its $500 per night room!

This hotel is definitely not value for money, in fact as a diamond member of all the main hotel chains, i have to say i should have followed my loyalty and stayed at the Hilton or something, at least the meaning of executive room, means there is at least an executive lounge to enjoy a drink or two and breakfast, YES that means correctly, you read it here, this room at $500 per night does NOT include breakfast.

We are also celebrating a long standing anniversary and while you don't expect anything it turns into a shock when the hotel does NOTHING, lol, after all its hospitality isn't it, i mean 4 hotels prior to this one, a bottle of wine, etc offered, but not at this hotel and its $500 per night room, and its not even as if they can say, 'we didn't know about it' because i have an email from them to congratulate us before leaving our home country, OH I get it now, then thats their offering, lol

Concierge, we met two people there, one was a young guy, asked a few questions, and he wouldn't shut up and we are like, your not listening to what we are asking you, and in the end we just walked away, the next day, a new person there, i sat and watched, and witnessed two people approach and be told to go away, IM NOT KIDDING, in one case the person picked up the phone as they saw the guest arrive, to be pointed at the reception desk and told one word only, 'reception', yes this was absolutely for real.

I tried to call the hotel manager 4 times, every time, the phone just rings out, no answer, i even sent an email to the dude that sent the email to me as mentioned earlier and no response, i even tried to work out who the hotel manager was, in their compendium it says the Managing Director is Bernhard Wimmer, then on trip advisor it says Steve Halliday, then on the hotels website it says the manager is, but then on trip advisor a it says its Glenn Eleiter and then it says Sandra Finlay, i even send Sandra Finlay an email and got no reply, the management at this hotel seriously changes a lot by the sound of it, which is probably a reflection in the service provided.

I have travelled at a lot of hotels and i have to say that value for money alternative, this hotel does not do it, its a boutique wannabe hotel that thinks they are something, and perhaps to some degree, it is something, old quaint place in the centre of town, but adding all the pros and cons of this hotel to others, i would have to say, give yourself a fighting chance to enjoy at least a little bit of service, and stay somewhere else, On the other hand, if you don't mind paying top dollar with no service and expect to be absolutely left alone, then maybe this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: the best advise i would give, is don't be fooled by their website
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TravelbradBrisbane
GEleiter, Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear TravelbradBrisbane,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Rosewood Hotel Georgia with the travel community here on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate the feedback and reviews we receive from our valued guests.

On behalf of all the Associates here at the hotel, please accept my sincerest apologies for the times our product and service did not meet your expectations. We were delighted you chose to stay with us on your 25th anniversary and we hope the complimentary gesture of a lovely bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne and the transport to the cruise terminal in our Bentley was a small step in the right direction.

TravelbradBrisbane, I can assure you that we, as a Team, are already diligently reviewing your observations in great detail. We hope that if ever your travels bring you back to beautiful Vancouver, you allow us the opportunity to win you back by showering you with the warm hospitality and intuitive service we are known for.

Sincerely and warmest regards,

Glenn Eleiter
Hotel Manager
Rosewood Hotel Georgia

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We came to Hotel Georgia for our 20th anniversary celebration. We had never been to Canada and wanted every detail to be the best ever. The hotel exceeded our expectations. The location, charm and staff helped make our trip one of our best yet.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Brockfam4
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stay here every few months just to get away with the wife and have yet to be disappointed. Service is above the top,the rooms are awesome,and location is within walking distance to pretty much everything including the best restaurants . I would refer this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Trip_around_james
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I decided to spoil myself for a night and stayed at the Rosewood Georgia. It is an absolutely stunning hotel. Historic building with a very chic and modern decor. It is a lot bigger in the inside than it looks. Hands down the friendliest staff I have EVER come across! I stayed in the Deluxe room which is a lot bigger than I expected. The washroom is to die for. Massive soaker tub, heated floors, his & her vanities, and rain shower. I definitely recommend checking out Reflections (rooftop bar) and the spa. Overall I had one of the best experiences ever! I will definitely be staying here again. Feel so lucky to have a hotel like this in our city!

Room Tip: I recommend staying in a higher floor to drown out noise from traffic. The hotel does hold a $200 in...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo