“Best Hotel Experience Ever!”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This place was amazing!!! Their customer service is really what stands them apart. Such a classy and romantic hotel but also SO family friendly! Upon our arrival they had a crib with a welcome bear, baby items, bottle warmer, and diaper genie! On top of that the chef would make fresh baby food for you. It was wonderful to have such a luxury experience while being on a family trip. They also provided transportation for my children and I to the aquarium. They went above and beyond-WOULD STAY AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hopefultravelbyrdie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,830)

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Probably the best hotel I've been to. Service at check in was excellent. In the room there was a delicious chocolate dessert waiting for us. The room is luxurious and modern with Nespresso maker, etc. Biggest bathroom ever with dual sinks and a deep tub. Located right downtown. This place is really as good as they say and I enjoyed my stay immensely, if only I had more time…..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Hotel Georgia is one of those rare hotels in which one's high expectations are constantly exceeded. The staff is superb: always professional, friendly and unfailingly helpful. As a guest (or simply frequent visitor to the restaurant, cafe and bars), it would be difficult to find a more rewarding experience at any hotel anywhere (and I've travelled extensively overseas).

The hotel's central location is convenient for all downtown Vancouver attractions and is also very close to the Skytrain (which makes it very handy to get to the airport in rush hour!)

The rooms are very comfortable and thoughtfully appointed. The food is excellent in the Hawksworth restaurant and the Lobby Bar.

In the event that an issue DOES arise (very rare but when you spend as much time there as I do, it's inevitable), it is immediately corrected with profuse apology by staff who clearly care deeply about their work.

For those guests wishing to drive and park, the valet parking is also exceptionally efficient, courteous and convenient, irrespective of the time of day. It can get very busy in peak hours but the staff make it look easy. I have never had to wait more than a few minutes, even when there is a major event in progress.

I cannot think of another hotel anywhere for which I would not change at least one aspect if I could. However, with the Georgia, I would not change a single thing.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but, this being a busy city, the higher up the better. The ones facing out to We...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed for two nights and was very impressed. The hotel is one of the oldest in Vancouver and has recently undergone a refit. The result is amazing. With a the opportunity to work in this environment the staff are enthusiastic and motivated. If in Vancouver and you don't say here then you have missed out.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

For a city centre hotel, this is in a good location opposite the Museum of Art, close to the cathedral and within easy walking distance of Vancouver's finest shops. The lobby is a good welcoming space with some interesting art on the walls and reception is efficient and delivered with a smile. We were shown to our room and were delighted to find it spacious, well appointed and decorated with some style and sensitivity. We felt comfortable and happy. The bathroom was excellent, lighting great, lovely underfloor heating. A sigh of relief after our earlier stay in Vancouver.

My husband then left for a night in Edmonton knowing that, in his absence, I was going to settle in and have a happy night with a good movie and room service. Alas, no! Try, as I did, by reading the instructions from start to finish, again and again, I could not get the film choices to work on the TV. All I could get on the pay-to-view channel was a choice of 7 movies, either starring Vin Diesel (no thank you) or children's cartoons. Reluctantly, I called reception. A young man arrived, bright-eyed and assured, and twiddled away confidently at the controls. No joy. Nothing. After 30 minutes of this, he called the duty-manager who duly arrived. This was turning into quite a party. Not the quiet evening I had imagined. More twiddling. No success. It was mildly implied that my initial efforts may have caused the problem. I was not amused by the inference and later in the evening the DM did have the grace to call me and apologise and inform me that their I-media providers were having problems and would I accept a glass of wine on the house. These things happen but the following night when I tried again to summon up a movie, old Vin Diesel was still on offer and the same few alternatives. The glitch had not been resolved.

The following morning, I left the room at 11:00am to go off and explore the Aquarium (excellent) and the market on Granville Island. Footsore, collapsing back into my room c.4:00pm, it seems that nobody had thought it a good idea to make up the room. It was precisely as I had left it. I find this unacceptable in a joint charging these amounts and claiming to be one of the best hotels in town. It's just not service. Such a shame. Style over substance yet again.

Of the positives, I have to commend the concierges, both of whom were superb. Well informed, extremely helpful and a credit to their particular game. The front desk was a bit patchy and I did find the offer of a spritz of scent almost alarming - what is the point? Slightly made me feel that our very presence may have been rather malodorous and that they needed to keep the lobby area fragrant! Perhaps a glorious arrangement of flowers on that back shelf rather than a clutter of scent bottles would be a better idea (and message).

Room Tip: Go as high as you can.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Shellfire
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed 1 night at this beautiful hotel. Everything was perfect. Extremely courteous and helpful staff, beautiful room, restaurant, cafe and bar. Unfortunately we didn't have the time to use the pool ... that will have to wait until next time. We were upgraded from a deluxe room to a junior suite which made our stay even more enjoyable. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have a view as it was overlooking office buildings/open air restaurant, but beca...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful down town hotel experience for our family with 2 young kids!
From the minute you arrive till the time you leave you will be pampered in every way: the spacious rooms, the pool, the restaurant and lobby bar/relax areas! The price is very reasonable though not cheap... But than again, contemporary luxury comes with a price.
Enjoy!