“Great Stay”

Ranked #4 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Estero, Florida
“Great Stay”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Rosewood knows unique luxury hotels and this property is no exception! The historic building is a great hotel in the heart of Vancouver. The attention to detail in the hotel's renovation is obvious - the lobby, rooms, etc. are all lovely. My husband & I agreed that our bathroom was probably the best hotel bathroom we've ever had (down to the heated tile floor).

We enjoyed wonderful craft cocktails at the 1927 Lobby Lounge and received excellent service throughout our stay. My only complaint was that the maids entered and cleaned our room despite our privacy light being on (they even left me a voicemail telling me they were doing so). We had only been at the hotel less than 24 hours - that was definitely an unneeded invasion of our privacy. Other than that, we had a flawless experience!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank happycj24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at this marvellous hotel from December 14-16th, 2013. We had 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms were huge and well furnished. The beds were super, as were the pillows. Just right after a gruelling journey from Singapore to Vancouver. The lovely decor of the hotel, in particular the lobby, and the rooms make this a standout hotel. However, the best part of the stay was the excellent service from everyone we met; from the doorman dressed in a really cool long coat and hat, to the bell captain ( take a bow, JP ) and the reception. The restaurant served one of the best eggs benedict I've ever had. Alas, we didn't have time to try the restaurant out for dinner but will certainly do so, for our next stay. Definitely the place to stay, the next time we are in Vancouver.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter G
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here in November 2013 for a quick weekend getaway from Los Angeles. The weather was horrible, so I actually stayed in the hotel the entire time, which turned out to be a great thing. Their spa is fantastic and my facialist gave me some tips I've never heard before. The gym and the pool were also great. Room service was spectacular.

The room itself was top notch - trendy, spotless, quiet, and super comfortable. I relaxed in the amazing tub quite a few times.

The lobby bar is a great place for happy hour and the restaurant has excellent food. The bar scene at the restaurant was in full swing on a Saturday night.

The staff is more than accommodating and helps you with every little thing. I was offered bottled water nearly every time I left the property, given an umbrella for an outing and served chocolates upon arrival.

I will definitely be back on my next trip to Vancouver.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CaraBibbiani
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Spent Christmas and New Year in Canada and Yukon and stayed at the Georgia on three separate occasions over this period. Never got to eat in the restaurant in the evening but the breakfasts were very good. All the staff are very attentive and the service is good. Room service could do a little better as on three occasions they never quite got the order correct. We had a problem with noisy neighbors one day and once we complained they moved us to the top suite (wow) you cannot complain at that level of service. Right in the centre of downtown Vancouver so very convenient.

Gulf Islands
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We used to hang out here a lot in 'the old days' but time passed, the bloom was fading, and we went on to newer bars. Returning to Vancouver recently I was curious to see how the old beauty was faring as I had been hearing stories of her restoration. Wow! Now the Rosewood Hotel Georgia has even more charm than in her youth. It has history, elegance, impeccable but unobtrusive service and bright spacious rooms that are amazingly quiet given its bustling downtown location all going for it. The espresso and lattes are great at its Bel Cafe, the ambiance terrific at its outdoor bar and grill, and the Hawksworth Restaurant is a culinary oasis. We celebrated our anniversary with a night here and a 'died-and-gone-to-heaven' meal where the staff treated us like celebrities, explained every succulent dish, and timed everything perfectly.

Room Tip: This hotel accepts dogs, so if you have allergies be sure to request a 'pet free' room.
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I have stayed in many 5-star hotels around the world. This was our first stay at any Rosewood. While other hotels do excel with beautiful grounds or views of deserts, oceans, valleys or mountains, the Rosewood is set on a totally tight, typically urban site, surrounded by busy Vancouver traffic and pedestrians. Yet our four nights stay was all but perfect. Towards the end of our stay, I was amused to find myself actively trying to find fault, as I almost never give an "excellent" rating to anything unless it is truly perfect. I failed!

How many tripadvsior hotels have over 600 "excellent" ratings, a handful of "very good" ratings and nothing below that? I can vouch that those ratings are well-earned, and my "excellent" was made even easier to give by the fact that the cost of our stay was less than half the prices we have paid for inferior accommodation in other locations.

Room Tip: Premier Executive Room
3 Thank Zippy22
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous! Stayed for 2nights in a deluxe room on the 11th floor with a view of the four seasons and Georgia st. Staff are superb-very professional and eager to help with whatever you need. Had a great casual dining recommendation - Cactus Cafe Club just 2 blocks away, great selection of food, good portions and decent price.

Room itself was immaculate-large bathroom, lounge area and one of the most comfortable beds ever slept in. Turndown brought chocolates and bottled water. Free wifi also useful. Hotel has a well equipped gym and a nice lap pool. Location is great-about 10 mins walk from the waterfront and 15 mins from the stadiums.

Tip-visit the lookout tower on W Hastings St in the day and then return in the evening-no additional cost and great to see the two perspectives.

If you're in town, this is definitely the hotel to stay in.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple