“Perfect is Good Enough”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Having stayed in 5+ star hotels around the world and developed quite an appetite for great service and surroundings, I can say with a high degree of confidence that the Rosewood Hotel Georgia, is perfect. They have found a balance that is near impossible to define, yet present every moment of your stay. The only drawback was with the bed...if there is such a thing as too good a bed, this is it....and it could very well disrupt your desire to tour the city at all as getting out of this bed is beyond difficult and should only be attempted in case of emergency. Room service was terrific and the cap on a perfect weekend had to be the ability to get your hands on a Japadog with only a short two block walk. I have to say that this hotel has captured all the most vital intangibles and then somehow managed to sustain them in the most understated and natural way...a little like breathing.

Since returning home, I have been doing everything I can to make sure I align the stars to allow me a quick and welcomed return to the Hotel Georgia...oh ya, if you are successful getting out of bed, Vancouver is pretty okay too.

MP

Room Tip: Executive Corner...great shower...soaker tub and view of the Art Gallery of Vancouver.
3  Thank mjpmjgi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,830)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here for Valentines night, on a business trip !. This is one very special Hotel, has to be one of the best I have ever stayed in. Arrived late so had something to eat in the bar, it was packed with Valentine couples, but I received superb and fast service and really great bar snacks and nibbles, including a dozen oysters incorporating 3 different varieties. The cocktails were out of this world , in particular a spicy and smoky margarita, never had anything like it before . I had a standard room ( I think ) and it was amazing, at one end a huge TV on the wall with a seating area including a decent size couch , at the other end huge double bed, one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in , then to the side a massive bathroom. One off the best walk in showers ever with a huge recessed rain style head , a bath that was free standing and double ended, and twin wash hand basins, one either side of the bathroom. The atmosphere here is one of relaxed efficiency and professionalism . Thanks to all I had the pleasure to interact with, concierge, reception, Claudia and the cocktail maker in the bar . A great experience , need to find an excuse now to get back to Vancouver just so that I can stay here again. !

2  Thank Brunobu
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had to attend a conference in Vancouver and decided to try the Rosewood Hotel (formerly the Georgia Hotel). What a lovely surprise, this hotel is has been totally renovated and modernized. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous (I stayed in two different rooms as my trip was broken up), the bathrooms have an amazing shower, where the water comes from the ceiling,making you feel like you stepped under a waterfall. The beds, I must say, were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, not sure if it was the bed itself or the incredible sheets, I just didn't want to get out of bed.
Everything is within walking distance, Pacific Centre Mall, Robson St, Stanley Park, and lots of restaurants and coffee shops. I highly recommend this hotel. Staff is very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 675Lisa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

When I am visiting a big city, I do love to stay in a nice hotel. We were very lucky with the Hotel Georgia. We had a deluxe room on the sixth floor, it was large, spacious and full of light. This was most wonderful because the standard rooms have bathrooms only with a shower, no tub. And what, I ask you, is a Valentine's celebration without a full tub? The bathroom in our room was just awesome. Very large. And what a tub! After a long day in the city, when my feet were seriously considering divorcing me, when I felt I saw all of Vancouver and now it's time to die, it was such a pleasure to lie down for an hour or so into this fabulous tub with a glass of champagne and finally relax.

The heated indoor swimming pool in the hotel was not bad, not bad at all. My man was very pleased with it.

The view from the room faced the Vancouver Art Gallery. Beautiful!

During our stay we ordered breakfast a couple of times to the room. The menu was fairly standard, nothing special. I have a feeling that all upscale hotels have the same menu to serve guests in their rooms. But on the other hand, it's a good thing, because then I can order my favourite hotel-style breakfast which is a house smoked salmon bagel with cream cheese, red onion, and capers. This is truly my very favorite breakfast at any hotel. And, of course, fresh grapefruit juice! Hotel Georgia satisfied me.

They also have great concierges. One young guy (Adam) with a cute French accent in particular helped us to spent our time in the city smartly.

More photos are here:

Room Tip: Our room faced the Vancouver Art Gallery. Perfect! Standard rooms don't have full tub in the b...
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I live in Vancouver and can say with confidence that Rosewood is the highest quality hotel this city has. The Fairmont Pacific Rim has better views and is also very nice. Rosewood has amazing finishings, a very central location, and the Hawksworth has hands down the best food in the city.

Room Tip: Room with art gallery view is your best bet.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at the Rosewood Georgia Hotel on a recent trip to Vancouver & I must say it was one of the nicest and most comfortable hotels we have stayed in. We enjoyed the stay so much we are planning a trip back.

Room Tip: There were several of us and all of us had wonderfully comfortable rooms.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

After my first stay at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver, B.C., in May 2012, I wrote “one night was not enough.” Now that my wife and I have enjoyed a two-night stay, we agree: it’s still not enough.

I hadn’t intended to write a second review after our visit over the U.S. Presidents’ Day weekend, but our excellent experience convinced me otherwise.

As a matter of practice, I don’t revisit reviews of properties at which I’ve stayed unless things had changed dramatically, either for the better or for the worse. And since the service I experienced was as attentive as the service I received during my first visit in May 2012, a second review saying how great the hotel is seemed redundant.

However, upon further reflection, I realized there was good reason to write anew.

My first stay was purely business-related. In addition to experiencing the hotel for the purpose of blogging about it, I had a meeting nearby the next day, so staying at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia served a dual purpose. I was completely captivated by my experience, as you can read here. http://www.travelpro.us/2012/05/vancouver-bc-rosewood-hotel-georgia-one.html

This time, however, I’d be staying over a weekend instead of a week night and, as most seasoned travelers know, the leisure guests at a hotel are often very different on weekends than the primarily business travelers on weeknights. I wondered whether the service we’d receive would be different as well.

I’m pleased to say the service was even better than the service I received the first time I stayed, and I blame our dog. A retired breeder whom we’ve had for about a year, she always attracts very positive attention, and the staff and guests at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia were as captivated by her as anyone.

Which brings me to my next, and by now obvious, point: the Rosewood Hotel Georgia is dog friendly.

Upon entering our guest room, we found a message on the TV screen welcoming us by name; a selection of petit fours and a handwritten note of greeting from the manager on the desk; and a dog bed, water and food bowls, and dog biscuits waiting for our pooch. Spoiled as she has become in retirement, she immediately began to climb onto the love seat, as she is allowed to do at home. Slightly horrified, we shooed her off, only to have James our bellman tell us she was allowed on every surface in the room; there were none that were off-limits (though I think I’d have an issue if she tried to climb onto the desk).

Making this royal treatment all the more remarkable was the pet fee of $50 per stay, not per night as at many hotels. FYI, pet fees are largely to offset the additional time housekeeping spends deep-cleaning a guest room after a pet departs, which often takes double the amount of time to make up a room after a guest checks out.

Finally, the size limit for pets visiting the Rosewood Hotel Georgia is generous enough to accommodate those of us who have actual, full-sized dogs as opposed to the hand-carried variety I describe as “fashion accessories.”

As I found during my first visit, staff members were extremely attentive. Virtually everyone we encountered bid us a “hello” or “good day,” and many called us by name, which is all the more remarkable when you consider that many of those people did not have a computer or our credit card in front of them; they simply remember their guests. That is impressive.

Even more impressive is that we received this very personal service despite the fact that the hotel was sold out for the weekend. Also impressive was the fact that we never heard other guests in the hall or through the walls of our room, nor did we see a room service tray languishing in the hallway, waiting to be collected. Service was as close to perfect as I’ve ever encountered.

The hotel also has a Bentley and driver, and offers guests complimentary rides anywhere within a 15-minute drive of the hotel, which covers the majority of the downtown area and Stanley Park west of Coal Harbour. What a treat!

Our room had a combined sleeping and sitting area of more than 250 square feet adjoining a truly spa-like bathroom with two vanities, a soaking tub with separate shower, toilet, and heated floors in 140 square feet. I have literally lived in apartments that were smaller than our deluxe king room.

In addition to the usual amenities including a hairdryer, iron and ironing board, safe, and wireless Internet access, robes and slippers were waiting in the closet. In addition, the room had an increasingly rare minibar and a Nespresso® coffee machine, which is several notches above the ubiquitous mini-Mr. Coffee machines so prevalent in hotels across North America.

We’ve been to Vancouver many times and have stayed at many different hotels over the years, some of which were excellent and others less than wonderful. However, I can’t think of one where we have enjoyed better service or been made to feel more at home. Now, I don’t think it’s likely we’ll be satisfied anywhere else.

And that includes the dog.

1  Thank TheTravelPro_us