“This is what I call service!”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed at Rosewood Hotel Georgia for three nights with husband and our five year old son before going on an Alaska cruise.

The hotel is centrally located, classic and elegant. The room is not huge but enough for three of us and is tastefully decorated. The bathroom has heated tiles and the shower is soft but powerful. The indoor swimming pool was great.

What really stands out and makes this hotel special is the service. I've stayed in other five star hotels but service wise, this hotel is in its own class! Every staff member we dealt with had been wonderful. They made you feel welcome and a bit special. They knew and accomodate your needs before you asked.

The gentleman who brought our luggages into the room showed us the facilities in the room and how to use some of them. He also pointed out to the local pharmacy and told us to buy drinks and milk as they are cheaper.

On the first night, when we came back to the hotel with some grocery bags in hand (fruit, drinks and milk), the concierge kindly stopped us and asked if we would like to have the mini fridge cleared out. In other hotels I had to ask for this service, but here they asked me! Very impressed with these details.

The two concierges were all very knowledgable and helpful. And being driven in a Bentley (the house car) to the cruise terminal was certainly an unforgettable experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Qipao
Write a ReviewReviews (1,802)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in this wonderful hotel and I agree with all other positive reviews. It's placed in a Perfect location for a holiday trip. Renewed old property with elegance in every detail and state of the art technology in rooms. There are Work of Arts everywhere (you can also check them in http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/hotelgeorgia/i/downloads/Art_Collection.pdf). We took breakfast at Bel Cafe (also managed by Hawksworth) and it was so cool (not just hotel guests: frequent local people, what makes it nicer when visiting as foreigner).
I totally recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed at 5th floor in a CORNER room (Deluxe King) that faces Vancouver Art Gallery. Really unbea...
1  Thank EduardoCordobaARG
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just stayed 2 nights at this hotel on a business trip. It was an exceptional experience from start to finish. I can't believe what an amazing value it was. The rooms are completely luxurious - the newly renovated bathrooms amazing and the individual espresso makers are a really nice touch. The gym and pool are perfect and the spa is amazing. I can't believe the services that are available and how ready they were to accomodate my schedule. This is quite simply one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BruceDunlop
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is truly exceptional. From front desk to wait staff to housekeeping, everyone we met went out of their way to make us feel special. This is a luxury hotel, but not the least bit pretentious. Rooms are fantastic with the most incredible bathroom I've ever seen! Everything from linen quality to lighting was top-notch. As others have mentioned, it is the staff that makes this hotel a 5 star. And what a great value! In any large city in the US, this experience would have cost at least $500 per night. Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank pdxfamily4
Reviewed October 13, 2012

wonderful location
Unparalleled customer service( thanks Matthew and Rodolfo and David?)
Beautiful and comfortable rooms are a haven of luxury
Convenient coffee shop
EVERYONE and I mean everyone was happy and friendly
And attentive to your needs.
This hotel should be the Gold Standard for all hotels.
best part of our four day getaway:)

3  Thank napervilletraveler
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My work has taken me to many places and to many luxury hotels over the past 30 years -- the finest properties in Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland's resort islands, New Zealand, a handful in Europe and Asia, and a bunch in the United States. The high water mark for me was The Venetian in Las Vegas -- until I came to the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver this week.

It is everything everyone says here under Tripadvisor's "excellent" tag, so I won't repeat what others have already covered more than 300 times. Yet this misses what I believe separates luxury hotels from each other: The Rosewood Hotel Georgia makes it all look so effortless.

From the moment we walked in the door until it was time to go, every member of staff we came across made me, my wife, and my 4 year-old son feel a little special. Nothing was overdone, nothing was ostentatious, nothing was a problem. Just great advice, a helping hand and smiles at every turn.

Yes -- everything at the Rosewood looks and feels gorgeous and works beautifully. But people make a place, and the management of this hotel can rest assured its people are as wonderful as the hotel itself. The Rosewood is all class. What an advertisement for Vancouver, for BC, and for Canada.

If my son could write, he would make special mention of Sophie, a young woman who works in the pool and spa area. Seeing that he was enjoying a splash with me while she was changing some towels, Sophie came back with a kid's kick board and two glasses of water for us. My son is still talking about the kick board and Sophie. That's the Rosewood Hotel Georgia for you right there.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1217, a one-bedroom suite overlooking the outdoor bar area. We had requested a high flo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DarrenHorrigan
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is an old hotel with new amenities in excellent Rosewood style. I hadn't see it before, but it appears that they have kept the old world, turn of the century flooring, ornate ceilings, rich woods and textures and married them with new world decor, ambient low lighting, plush seating, quiet hallways and a superb job with the in suite bathrooms. Black marbled showers with spa-sprays, and rainfall showers. The salt water pool near the very happening cocktail lounge is a real treat, and the artwork throughout the hotel is worth a full tour. My favorites were the eye catching trompe l'oeil perspective painting across from the concierge. The staff is well trained and not too formal so it's not snooty.

The hotel is centrally located near galleries, shops and Stanley Park, perfect a walk, stroll or visit to their beautiful aquarium. You can see how much work was done for the Olympics and the city is holding her own magnificently. Clean, friendly, trendy and innovative shops and dining on nearly every street. But for those who don't want to walk, or prefer heels at night, the hotel offers their Bentley. The driver, Jim Dudley is a well traveled, well spoken and educated man with a terrific sense of humor who refers to himself as "Hatched in Ottawa" – he know the city inside out.

David Hawksworth, who leads the hotel’s signature restaurant, “Hawksworth” was a real treat. We read so much about him. Breakfasts were our favorite. Raincity Grille was our true favorite though, especially because it looked like a cute water side bistro and turned out to be the gem of our dining experience. That and Edible Canada on Granville Island.

Room Tip: It's nicer to be over on the restaurant side, a bit higher up but away from the bar or facing th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends