“Service is everything”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Recently, I stayed four nights at the Rosewood with my niece and nephew. We had booked a room online with not enough beds. Grace upgraded us for a nominal cost... Then I noticed on my VISA statement that they had put a temporary "incidental" charge of $800 which upset me. Grace assured me it would be deleted when we left (it was), but also had a delicious bottle of Pinot delivered to our room as an apology...

We were constantly out discovering the city, and each time, the concierges (Chris, David and Rodolfo) couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. But here's the kicker. Our last day, I left my camera on the bus and was devastated. Although I emailed the transit office, Rodolfo assured me he would follow-up. He recorded all the information in the hotel computer, and called on Tuesday (just like he said he would). Someone actually turned in the camera. But Rodolfo went a step further. He personally picked it up, and then packed up the camera to be mailed back to me in the States. He also kept in touch with me via both phone and email. I can't imagine such a great outcome anywhere else!

Oh, and driving around Vancouver in a Bentley, with Jim's great stories is a must!

Room Tip: The bathrooms are the best part, with rain showers and lots of space. Quiet air conditioning and hea...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eloqui
Steve H, General Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

I read you wonderful and gracious comments about our hotel. You made my
day!!

Our goal as a team is to provide all our guests with an exceptional level of personal service and we are
so happy we exceeded your expectations.

Rodolfo and our entire concierge team are exceptional and our ambassador driver of our Bentley Jim is incredible.

It is extremely challenging being a new property thus we truly appreciate
your positive feedback in ensuring us we are headed on the right path.

We hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Hotel Georgia and if I may be of any assistance to you
please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you again.

Steve Halliday
Managing Director

There are newer reviews for Rosewood Hotel Georgia

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wow. We have stayed at other Rosewood properties but this hotel is really the best so far. First, the renovation is really superb. It's beautifully done and manages to pay homage to the original building but has all the modern amenities. We stayed in a One bedroom corner suite with connecting room for our children, both 5 and under. The suite and room were spacious by any standards. The finishes and fixtures and design were all gorgeous and first rate. The service was excellent - hospitable, sincere, discreet and quick. We had no problems at all. They have a great kids program as well with robes, slippers, diapers pails, and other amenities for kids. The Spa is small but excellent. The only downside to the rooms was that there was only a shower in the kids room, very large with a rainhead shower. Not practical. Also, the master suite had a large soaking tub and an oversized shower but again, only a rainhead shower, no handheld shower head which made washing your hair difficult (for women). Also, you could hear a lot of noise from outdoors, we were about 11 floors up.

A real plus- this hotel is very clean. The floors and carpets especially. Also, the bathroom floors are heated. Very luxurious.

Room Tip: The corner suite is very large
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pkmiles
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Most centrall located this hotel and our stay was fabulous. Step outside into the vibrant city, malls and attractions very close by. Very elegant clean rooms, Friendly staff and sleep was very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again if we decide to come back to Vancouver. Experience worth the mention.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ValsaMumbai
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Came here for my husband's 30th for one night. We were blown away by the elegance and decor of the hotel, its restaurants and bars, and our room. I think we had a Deluxe King or something like that and it was FANTASTIC! The bathroom will remain in my dreams and the second I laid down on the bed, it was so comfortable I instantly fell asleep.

We were given a complimentary bottle of red wine for my husband's birthday. We also arranged a small party at Reflections and received top notch service. Dinner at the Hawksworth was excellent.

Overall, we really enjoyed our experience and I look forward to returning in the future.

Only complaints: could have been given a nicer table at Hawksworth considering the occasion, and in-room breakfast was overpriced.

Still wouldn't stop me from recommending this hotel to anyone looking for a luxury hotel experience in Vancouver. I'd love to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank louragankatrina
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary Oct 2, 2012 at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia. Fantastic location and once inside the quotient for service excellence is beyond reproach. Every staff member addressed us by name. We arrived at our Lord Stanley Penthouse Suite and there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us and a bowl of fresh berries. We relaxed on the roof top terrace in the sunshine before descending upon the swanky chill lounge called Reflections on the 4th floor. It is a sexy space similar to what you would find in Vegas or Miami. We enjoyed the lounge so much we invited some friends to join us and had a blast before descending even further to the lobby level for dinner at Hawksworth. We were greeted by name and enjoyed the food experience immensely. You have to order the ceviche, it has exquisite contrasting textures and flavours, I had the Beef Tenderloin and my husband had the Chicken. Both were exceptional and cooked to perfection. Our Sommelier Jay was a breath of fresh air and we were invited into the wine cellar to select our wine. The bed was so comfortable, we woke the next day well rested and enjoyed a very fresh and delicious breakfast at Hawksworth. The entire experience was over the top and when we drove off, the staff were saying good bye all of them remembering our names. Highly recommended to out of town visitors or for locals wanting a taste of the good life in our own backyard.

Room Tip: The standards of this hotel will not disappoint no matter what room you choose. My preference howeve...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Absolutely a flawless hotel, staff, room, pool everything was super great and super clean. Total attention to details, you feel pampered and are treated like a royal princess. Be sure to take advantage ot the free Bentley and say hi to Jim the driver he is a dear man. From the espresso machine in the room, the turndown service at night with the yummy shortbread, the classy, professional staff, everything exceeded our expectations and we had high expectations. Absolutely could not imagine anyone not enjoying their stay here..... unless you have no class yourself? Also we ate all at the restaurants and bars in the hotel. Make sure to book a dinner at Hawkworthe and get the seasonal tasting menu was 6 courses of mouthwatering perfection:)

Room Tip: Its a small hotel only 150 rooms total
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Heather M
Reviewed October 2, 2012

From the moment we walked in we were pampered. Our porter immediately offered tea when I mentioned we did not need to know how to operate the coffee machine since we didn't drink it. It may sound trivial, but that was the level of attention to detail we experienced. Having the Bentley house car was true luxury. My husband did not want to leave the hotel and re-enter the real world! Decor was luxurious yet modern and tasteful. The room was extremely spacious. The bathroom to die for. The gym was extremely well equipt. We simply enjoyed ourselves more than expected (and I had high hopes for this property). Would send my friends in a heartbeat without hesitation. Thank you for making our trip!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple