“Long weekend trip to Vancouver, BC Canada”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver for three nights in September,2011. The Hotel was originally built in 1927. The Rosewood group completed a four year construction project in July, 2011. It is a great hotel with quality staff from check-in, concierge, bell captain, valet parking and a Bentley car, with driver, for less than 5 Kms from hotel. Our room was good sized with a sitting area, large flat screen TV, ample closet space with a great bathroom with two sinks, great overhead shower as well as a bath tub. The electrical lighting system was great throughout the hotel room. The Hotel has a great restaurant called the Hawksworth, on site as well as two bars/cocktail areas in the hotel. We would without doubt stay at the Rosewood on our next trip to Vancouver.

2  Thank Robert M
There are newer reviews for Rosewood Hotel Georgia

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I will not repeat what has already been said here except to note that I visit a lot of hotels and very few impress me as much as this one did. The rooms, service staff, overall experience are first class. No details are missed here, yet it remains unpretentious.
I was impressed when I came in from errands very under dressed, just looking like another tourist and asked for directions to the washroom on the main floor. They did not know I was a hotel guest but nevertheless the front desk staff smiled and pointed me to the washrooms, then called over a concierge walked me there. Little things like this MATTER! Kudos to the HR people at Rosewood, they obviously know how to find the right people for the industry.

The only things I could complain about are completely outside of the control of the hotel, such as sirens and other street noise ( which where very acceptable with the windows closed). The noise levels insdide the hotel were outstanding, I heard nothing from other rooms.

when I return to Vancouver there is no question where I will stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank spuzzum72
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I visited this hotel in September 2011 on a business trip to Vancouver. I was amazed with my good fortune to stay at the Rosewood Georgia Hotel. Upon arrival the staff were attentive and informative. Check in was smooth with no issues. The front desk attendant showed me to my room, explained the features and made me feel wholly welcome.

The room was fantastic and comfortable. Room 706 overlooked the Vancouver Art Gallery. There was no noise from the street. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a great bathtub, rain shower, and many extra amenities.

I ordered room service both mornings. Both times I ordered blueberry pancakes and coffee. The first morning was outstanding. The second morning was good, but somewhat disappointing after the exceptional breakfast from the morning before.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Raeleanne
DwightSanford, Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Please allow me to apologize for the inconsistent in room dining experience. Clearly, we have the ability to get it right, however, we must strive to have a more seamless dining experience. I greatly appreciate the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff and also thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights this week and I have to say...This place is amazing! It was one of the cheaper places I stayed on my west coast holiday and it was the best by far!

Everything from the shower heads (ceiling rain shower thingy) all the way thru to the concierge were absolutely out of this world. I will only ever stay at this hotel on future visits to Vancouver.

Seriously amazing stuff. The restaurant downstairs was also unreal!

If you don't stay here you'll be kicking yourself for years to come simply because of it's awesomeness!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank SWikky
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We just visited Vancouver for the first time, and stayed 4 nights at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia. We got a great price online and then were ofered an upgrade when our flight was cancelled due to the flooding in the NE. The hotel is a lovely old building completely updated and upgraded to include every kind of amenity. The location is perfect--right across from the art museum and in the center of Vancouver. We walked almost everywhere.
In addition to the location, the Hotel Georgia offered the most amazing service we have every experienced. At every turn, the staff was friendly and helpful; I almost think they read minds, they were so quick to offer help. They provide water when you pick up your car as wll as printed directions; glasses cleaner was on the bed side table when I left my glasses case out; bottled water on the bedside table along with delicious cookies--all in all, we really felt pampered. The restaurant--Hawksworth--is amazing. It's not inexpensive, but worth the cost. All in all, it was a great trip and a great hotel.

2  Thank Cecily F
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Loved my stay here! They did a stellar job with excellent attention to detail and they really made me feel special!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank missLKPA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I recently returned from a short trip to Vancouver visiting with her parents and since it was our anniversary we opted to spend one night (Sept 2) in the City. I had read that the Hotel Georgia had been recently renovated and I was lucky to find a really excellent price online (probably 1/2 of what the room should've cost), so we figured what the heck and splurged on a 5 star luxury hotel.

Location

The location is pretty prime - right downtown, across from the Art Museum and the Pacific Centre, and also very close to the central business district, for business travellers. There's a Canada Line stop a block away and its a short walk to Gastown, and the seabus terminal.

The Hotel

All I can say is "wow". The hotel has been renovated, from top to bottom - I understand they even cut the number of rooms from 300 to 155. The Hotel Georgia has long been the tradition luxury hotel in Vancouver (along with the Hotel Vancouver, which is nearby), so it has that very "classic" look to it. Credit to Rosewood keeping the same look and feel of the old hotel while modernizing it with all of the amenities you would expect nowadays in 5 star accommodations.

The hotel has a new courtyard bar, called Reflections, which is becoming an "it" spot in Vancouver. It's completely outdoors, though partially covered (makes sense in Vancouver, given the rain) and a nice infinity pool. A number of the rooms face the courtyard, which can make it tricky if you want to go to bed early, but to the hotel's credit, they do last call at 11 at the bar and shut it down by 12.

We weren't able to get a table at the restaurant, Hawksworth, but I hear its quite good. The hotel also has a full service spa, but due to our short stay, we didn't get a chance to try it out.

The Room

We stayed in a Luxury King Room (which is one up from their standard room), thanks to the upgrade. The room was beautiful and large especially the bathroom, (which was almost as big as the rest of the room), which had a full-sized soaker tub, his and hers vanities on opposite sides, and a shower with a "rainforest-style" shower head. Of course, the room has the standard "luxury hotel" features, such as 42" HD Flat screen TV, super comfortable bed, room safe, etc. The room is on par with hotels of this class, though the bathroom is one of the best I've seen.

Unlike some of the newer hotels, none of the rooms have views of the water or mountains, but you can see the mountains from anywhere in downtown Vancouver, and the city surrounded on all sides by water, so its not that big a deal.

The Service

Every second of our experience with the hotel was fantastic. Even making the reservation - the reservation agent, Bethany was incredibly helpful and even called me after I made the reservation to let me know she had upgraded our room at no extra charge.

Then when we arrived, the staff was excellent, from the valet parking (very stylish hats fellas) to check-in, to the bellhop who showed us around the newly renovated room, to the concierge who fixed our dinner reservations, to Jim "Mr. Bentley" who drove us to and from dinner in the hotel's brand new Bentley (a great service the hotel offers if you ask) - what a way to travel! I almost forgot to mention that the hotel had chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of champagne on ice, with a lovely welcome note from management waiting for us in the room when we arrived. All in all, the service is top-notch.

Bottom line: I would stay there again in a heartbeat and have no hesitation is recommending it for someone visiting Vancouver. Nice job Rosewood!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view, that way you won't get a room overlooking the Reflection Bar which I imagin...
1  Thank CAB71
DwightSanford, Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

I am so pleased that you chose to spend your anniversary night with us at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your kind word about Bethany, Jim and the rest of our team. We strive to provide excellent service and I always appreciate hearing that we are heading in the right direction of our goal.

Dwight Sanford