“Disappointed...”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Have heard wonderful things about this place and saw some amazing looking fish & chips coming out while I patiently waited 25 minutes for "one piece of fish". Yes, that was my order, based on the size of the pieces of fish I saw, I thought that would be lots! I had it wrapped to go and walked away to find a place to eat it. My jaw dropped when I saw the poor little piece of fish wrapped in a big dish and newspaper, I figure it was about $1.50 a bite...Won't be back.

There are newer reviews for Go Fish

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Go Fish is an awesome little open air restaurant down by fisherman's wharf near Granville island. Great view of False creek and downtown. It's a no frills type place since it used to be just a little shack although its been completely overhauled in the last couple of years to be nicer.

The salmon tacones are superb and good value, as are most sandwiches and wraps. Only thing I didn't like having been there lots over the years was halibut and chips which was a stingy portion and cost a lot for what it was, but in hindsight it was out of season so I should've known better. Overall food here is good value, fresh and tasty.

1  Thank DiscoClint
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Recommended by the staff at a local brewery, I was curious about Go Fish. It was amazing! So fresh and huge portions provided. I had a two piece cod serving of fish and chips and it was more than enough food for me. The location on the water can't be beat!

1  Thank rmb1038
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It's outdoors on the seawall by Granville Island. All I can say is the fare is scrumptious...and the line-ups are long. I recommend 11:20 a.m. or so, for lunch, if you don't want to be in a half-hour line-up

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a small walk away (less than 5 mins) from the major tourist part of granville island. If you need a snack, it's great. Gets very very busy though because it's a small shack, and very good. If you are not in a hurry, want to eat outside on a nice day, the food is great.