“God fish'n chips”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We visited this place because it was recommended to us by a friend, it is a good place, it has parking space, enough tables and a wonderful view. The fish and chips are very good and the portions are generous. We had a good experience, if you are planning to go be ready for a little wait, but it is worth the wait.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently had lunch at Go Fish while on a quick vacation trip to Vancouver, BC. This is an experience not to be missed if you like small local places with great food. It sits on Granville Island on one of the docks overlooking the boat harbor. It can be just a little tricky to find, but ask for directions from the many shopkeepers in the area. There were about 10 of us in our group and we stopped for lunch. Wow! We could not make up our mind between the salmon, cod or halibut and chips. Finally decided on the basket of halibut and chips. Ordered 3 slabs of deep friend halibut for the two of us. We were stuffed! But wow, was it ever good. One of the best casual fish meals I have had. The other people in our group were all congratulating each other for finding this place. They all ordered different types of fish and everyone loved what they ate! The people that work in the restaurant are all very friendly and helpful with suggestions. I highly recommend this place and it is on my list when I return to Vancouver BC

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Don't miss this walk up place if you are on Granville Island .It has a limited menu of of mostly seafood items. It opens at 11:30 and there was already a line when we arrived at 11:15. Once they opened, line went fairly quickly. We all ordered a Haddock basket with fries and slaw. Next time I will skip the fries and go for more fish! Delicious! Seating is limited but you can find a bench on water if there seats are all taken. Many people ordered it to go. So glad we discovered this gem.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have gone here too many times to count as the fish is so good. I don't like the cole slaw, it has something in it that is off putting to me and won't eat it. The line-ups are so long you have to make sure you don't need to use the bathroom over the next hour as you wait!

1  Thank patkona
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I never take food pictures..never. But I took one of my beautifully prepared seared tuna sandwich on brioche accompanied by delicious heirloom tomatoes, cole slaw and perfect french fries. I came upon this hidden gem while walking the seawall from Kitsilano and stopped to have a bite. Everything is top notch fresh, cooked to order and the casual outside deck patio is perfect for harbor gazing. After you finish your delicious meal, head over to Granville island where you can top off your fabulous meal with a coffee and a chocolate.

1  Thank nancylea