“well worth 1-2 hours”

Vancouver Self-Guided Audio Tour
Ranked #27 of 360 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Bill Reid Gallery is now closed for a transforming renovation. We will reopen in Spring 2018 with expanded gallery space for established and emerging Indigenous artists as well as a new gathering space for hands on workshops, artists lectures and other programs. Visit our Satellite Shop at the SFU Bookstore at Harbour Centre (555 West Hastings St). *Opening December 15, 2017*
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Lyle Wilson was the featured artist when we visited. All the works were amazing! I liked the videos and narratives of/by Bill Reid.

1  Thank TJandTR

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I were both surprised at the sense of calm and tranquility, in the heart of the city, when we entered the outdoor space. There is a lovely grass courtyard with arches and columns all around. The building itself is unusual in a good way and the art pieces on exhibit are definitely worth seeing and displayed well. There are different spaces, each interesting in themselves and there is a multi-purpose to them. Many different functions can take place there, therefore a great place to rent. There are interesting historical pieces as well as modern day art there, many artists represented as well as Bill Reid's work. Very impressive indeed!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Bill Reid, really don't think I need say more. the jewelry gallery is just stunning. the guest artist pieces were very witty with the theam being comedy loved the cereal boxes

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Raining and cold in Vancouver so we decided to check out Bill Reid Gallery - boy, am-I happy we did. The displays were insightful and thorough. I was able to learn and gain a new appreciation for Aboriginal art as well as the humour, resiliency and vision of the First Nations of Canada.
The exhibits were accessible and the reading material was just right. There was great care in explaining the different trends in Bill Reid's art and what he was trying to express. What an amazing great Canadian artist of our times. I recommend this mini gallery to all who head to Vancouver.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I wasn't that familiar with Northwest Coast Art before this exhibition, so this was a good overview of what it's all about. There are some excellent pieces by Bill Reid in this gallery, including a lot of jewelry pieces and the large bronze frieze Mythic Messengers, which is absolutely amazing. The current exhibition on humor in contemporary Northwest Coast Art is great too. If you're looking for something to do that is unique to Vancouver, I highly recommend this gallery!