“Hidden Gem”

Gojo Cafe
Ranked #791 of 3,894 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I've had Ethiopian food in other establishments in Vancouver and this is bar far the tastiest! The dishes are so traditional but unique at the same time. The injera here has a consistency parallel to no other - I don't know how they make it so much better than everyone else. The interior of the restaurant looks like an Ethiopian hut, so the experience is authentic. This restaurant is close to our house and we go semi-regularly - we are always greeted by the same woman who is friendly and somehow remembers what I had the last time I visited. I love this place and writing this review is making me crave Gojo food. The restaurant is on the quiet side of Commercial Dr. (at 12th) away from the hustle and bustle and where parking is plentiful. Well worth it!

Reviewed January 16, 2010

A Yummy surprise to say the least. This is a cute and warm atomsphere, designed to replicate the inside of an Ethiopian hut. The service was good and the server was attentive to my requests. I had a Veggie combo that was out of this world. Excellent flavours and totally filling, I couldn't eat it all, had to box about half of it and enjoyed for lunch the following day. Since I was able to get two meals out of this one order the value is incredible. This is kind of a hard place to find but it is right next to the Firestone store on Commercial Drive. I will return to this place quite often!

Reviewed February 18, 2008

Friendly, bright little place. Generous portions and yummy veg & meaty options.