“YUM”
Review of Sweet Cherubim

Sweet Cherubim
Ranked #568 of 3,945 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighborhood: Commercial Drive
Description: Sweet Cherubim Organic and Natural Food Store, Bakery, and Restaurant Relaxed counter-serve eatery for vegetarian & vegan fare, with a bakery & shop for natural foods.Sweet Cherubim founded in 1980 Bagga family has a mission to provide delicious and nutritious foods customers, satisfying employment to staff and to serve the community through promoting good health and clean living. Winner : Stars Of Vancouver 2013 Vancouver Courier Reader's Choice Awards Restaurant is open Mon-Sat 10AM to 10Pm Sundays & Holidays 11AM to 10PM
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I love all the food here, any time I have eaten here I have left full and satisfied. What more can I say.

1  Thank Shasta B
Sweetcheru, Owner at Sweet Cherubim, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Shasta,
Thank you so much for a nice review. I am glad you liked us and we will continue to do our best.
Best wishes
Rajinder

Reviewed March 12, 2013

First time visitors, my girlfriend and I arrived on a Sunday evening around 7pm. First thought upon entering and surveying the scene--do we seat ourselves? We decided that yes, we should. So sit down we did. The girl at the counter was occupied with a patron and didn't tell us otherwise.

We were gazing at the menu which is written on the walls behind the service counters for a few minutes. The girl at the register started talking to another employee who was seated at the table behind my girlfriend and I. Sounded like she was telling her she had customers, meaning us. The employee replied that she was on her break. For this we were hopeful someone would give us menus or some water, etc.

This girl continues her breaking, so I, a bit annoyed by now, got up and stood in line to ask someone how, exactly, I go about eating in at this place. Eventually I find out that yes, we order at the counter, there is no table service and blah blah blah. So we order. The food was decent, but the counter girl did have a slight attitude when my credit card transaction accidentally cancelled. Maybe she was having a bad day, but she seemed to feel I was a dope for erring, so I asked "Why don't you just do it then?"

This place could stand to have a little sign or something indicating "Order at Counter" or at least have a front-of-house person without the attitude.

My girlfriend was keen to check out the adjacent store, but they closed at 730. Don't think we'll be headed back.

1  Thank Christopher N
Sweetcheru, Owner at Sweet Cherubim, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Joseph,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write the review. We appreciate it and have noted the suggestions. We will put up the sign - order at the counter - as you have suggested.
We apologize that the service was not as you expected when you visited us but please be assured we will try harder to offer excellent customer service in future. We like you to be a satisfied guest and I personally invite you to visit us again. Please feel free to call me at 604-253-0969
Thanks again for your support and understanding.
Brij Mohan Chopra ( Manager)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

went to Sweet Cherubim last weekend and was over whelmed with the customer service that is provided at the this place. when I entered the store, the cashier said hello in spite of being busy and since the vitamin clerk was busy as well, the manager himself came and helped me.
It was totally unlike other stores where no one is willing to help and you are just given one rude answer. I would definitely encourage others to give this place one shot because it is totally worth it.

1  Thank carmen w

Dear Carmen,
Thank you very much for your review. It encourages us to do better.
Best wishes
Rajinder

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This cafeteria styled restaurant has been on the scene for about 40 years. You can eat vegan plain or Indian. I had a baked pakora and a small California salad. That was just too much and I ordered the small salad. You won't go away hungry from here! Pass on the baked goods, they look better than they taste.

2  Thank purepurple40
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Best breakfast cookies in town! 4 out of 5 times I have gone here, the food has been fantastic... then every once in a while I get a batch of something that is indelibly spicy, and I have a high tolerance for (and love of) spicy food. Invariably, I stop eating here for a while and am eventually lured back to fall in love with the food again. 5 visits down the road, it happens again! If you'd just stop burning me, Sweet Cherubim, you'd see me much more often.

1  Thank Felicity_23d