“High Quality Japanese Fusion ”
Review of Kuma Tofino

Kuma Tofino
Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Kuma Tofino serving Japanese comfort food in a cozy environment.
Description: Kuma Tofino serving Japanese comfort food in a cozy environment.
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

A really interesting and innovative approach to Japanese and Northwestern fusion food. Really high-quality vegetables and other ingredients with interesting pairings. The Bear Bowl and Salmon Bowl were both great.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 26, 2019

After walking past Kuma a couple of times, we decided to give it a try. We weren’t disappointed with our dinner experience. We started off with the spicy edamame and a tofu dish. Both were good, but we enjoyed the edamame more. My wife enjoyed the Kimchi stew while I had the Spicy Kuma Goma. Both were tasty. Good service and reasonable prices!

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Really delicious Japanese comfort food. Great vegetarian options. We walked in and got a table but probably best to book as it gets quite busy. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Went during happy hour and ordered the chicken karaage and pork belly. I had chicken karaage twice before elsewhere and hated it. I thought I'll give it another shot here and the chefs whipped up something amazing.

The portions were massive so I didn't have room to try what sounded like a good dessert so appears I need to address that soon.

Highly recommended for what was a comparatively cheap meal.

Reviewed May 3, 2019

We came here b/c it was highly recommended. Maybe something has changed b/c the ramen was awful. Incredibly salty as a previous reviewer had mentioned with absolutely no flavour. One single slice of meat but the worst part was the incredibly overcooked noodles that turned into mush in your mouth. You're better off with cup noodles. The okonomiyaki is basically $15 for cabbage smothered in mayo.

Date of visit: April 2019