“Excellent restaurant”

SoBo
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Tofino
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fresh local food made with love in Tofino, BC.
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We went there on a Thursday night following a recommendation from the innkeeper at the B & B we were staying at. We were not disappointed. Although we had vpbern warned to expect a wait to be seated whebpn we arrived at 5:45pm we were shown straight to a table. However within 30 minutes there was a queue outside the door. The food was first class and could not be faulted. We shared the salmon dip for starters (with a side order of rustic bread) and it was perfect & more than enough for 2. For the entrees my wife had the special for that night which was halibut whilst I had left coast seafood stew. Both meals were beautiful cooked and halibut which came with a prawns, new potatoes and vegetables was delicious. My seafood stew came with a cut of halibut, scallops, mussels, clams in a tasty seafood sauce with rustic bread ( strangely no prawns. For desserts we shared the fruit crumble with ice cream which contained fresh peaches and berries. Overall an excellent meal supported by excellent service

Write a ReviewReviews (1,478)

Reviewed August 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I dined here on our last night in Tofino and we were not disappointed! Upon arriving we saw quite a lot of groups waiting to be seated and thought we'd have to wait ages. But luckily we were sat down after about 5 minutes. The service was very good and the food was superb. I had the halibut which was delicious, not a scrap was left on my plate. The meal was quite expensive but really was worth every penny. You get what you pay for in this establishment! Would love to return here one day.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

We've been dining with Lisa for many years now. Food is always fresh, seasonal and Chef Lisa's own recipes. Lunch is always quick and satisfying. Leave room for their delicious giant cookies for dessert or take a few with you..

Reviewed August 28, 2014

I can't help myself- I just have to keep going back to eat at SOBO when I visit Tofino. It used to be for the Fish Tacos but now I'm in love with the Chowder. I order the small (which is super filling) so that I have room for the Polenta Fries, Tofu pocket, Kale salad...in one meal! That's why I have to go back, because I have no room at one sitting for the Mushroom pizza or the Thai chicken (which I had today- amazing). I could list the entire menu, but I never get passed my favourites! Dessert I just take out to enjoy later in the day or evening. SOBO is a unique culinary experience which I intend to enjoy a few more times before leaving town. BTW, order the Joie Pinot Blanc- awesome!

Reviewed August 28, 2014

This restaurant has a bucket of options for those requiring a gluten-free diet. There is a strong range of local produce as well. Had to wait only about 10 minutes or so during a busy Tofino day to get a table and the experience was great value for money. Only drawback on this place is the late opening - not much of a breakfast place.