“Good Food, good value”

SoBo
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Tofino
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fresh local food made with love in Tofino, BC.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Good menu with lots of choices, reasonably priced for Tofino. I would definitely return. Service was fine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,478)

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Be sure to order their chowder and decadent cornmeal bread. Check out the delightful creative picnic tables too.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

What better way to described the best of everything about SoBo....the food is unmatched for taste, freshness, and frankly everything about SoBo justs keeps getting better. If you go for Dinner call ahead and make a reservation. It will be well worth your time as this place is busy busy and busy. Dont be disappointed. Try the Killer Fish Tacos and the Asian salad and chase it with the Key Lime pie. Hmmmmm. Lisa and Arte are great hosts and if you're lucky you'll see and meet them both although the chances of getting Lisa out of the kitchen are probably slim to none.....Sobo is a little gem and they have come a long way from the bus days. Their staff are genuine and you will want to go back night after night and day after day. We did. Bill and Bonni

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Based on other reviews we ate here tonight, our first night in Tofino. A short wait for a table, no more than 10 mins but we were given seats at the bar and the menus whilst we waited.

We had scallops and roasted olives to start followed by the Bison as our main. I can say that both courses were delicious, perfectly cooked and presented. And although very full we couldn't resist having sweets, the almond brownie and summer berry crumble. Again our plates were cleared and if we hadn't been in a restaurant I'm sure I would have given into temptation and licked the plate clean! Everything was perfect, including the service and I would definitely eat here again. Thanks for a lovely evening.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This may be one of the best restaurants in Tofino. I had the smoked fish chowder and it was absolutely the best I've had anywhere! They also have containers of food to go and if we had a kitchen I would have bought food to heat up. Restaurants are quite expensive on Vancouver Island!