“Amazing Food, Amazing Service”
Review of Shelter Restaurant

Shelter Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 56 Restaurants in Tofino
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Agassiz, Canada
“Amazing Food, Amazing Service”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was arguably the best restaurant experience I have ever had. From appy's to desert, everything was delicious. Definitely not the cheapest place in town, but you get what you pay for.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Greater London, United Kingdom
“This is a must visit!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for some dinner whilst in tofino for the week. Both my husband and I were blown away with the quality of the food and the speedy friendly service. I had yummy mussels and hubby had seafood chowder...both of which we were gutted when they were over!! I had apple and cherry crumble with vanilla icecream which again was amazing. What we both absolutely love is that 90% the food used is local produce.. And you can tell. Defo worth going. We booked in advance... Id recommend doing so as it was packed when we turned up!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

The decor and the atmosphere are fantastic. This would be a great place for friends and cocktails I reckon, especially if its warm enough to eat out on the deck. We were there with family, 3 boys, the youngest is 10. We didn't have a reservation but they accommodated us with typical Canadian grace and welcome!
The food was good if maybe a little trying too hard. My husband says the halibut was fantastic, I had the salmon and risotto and found the risotto a little tasteless. Be aware though, we ordered chicken burgers from the "casual" menu for my two younger sons and what came was half a chicken burger! Yes, cut completely down the middle! I've never seen anything like it and thought our server must have misunderstood our order until I saw other plates being carried out to the deck with carefully transected burgers in transit.
The atmos got pubbier as the evening went on but it wasn't rowdy and it was good people watching territory for sure.
We have raved since we came to Canada about the positive, upbeat, charming people but maybe it is possible to say "awesome" often enough to make it sound insincere.
Finally I'd have to say it was overpriced for what it was (we've had better here for less) and we wouldn't go back.
Best bit - the Shelter mule cocktail, cucumber vodka - who woulda thought it!!

Visited July 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Shelter had a great menu with loads of seafood and casual pub fare to choose from. I loved the cozy patio and our server was really great!

• Visited July 2014
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had an excellent supper here. The service was awesome. The food was amazing. The staff was very knowledgeable about the menu

Visited July 2014