“Another great meal”

Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Tofino
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Servers and staff are always above and beyond friendly and helpful. The food is phenomenal and well priced. Atmosphere is just what you want after strolling in the rain or surfing - warm, cozy, dimly lit. An array of locally craft-brewed beer on tap, lovely selection of wine. Shelter is a MUST for lunch or dinner!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Popped in on a rainy Sunday for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. I had the Spring Salmon Sandwich. It was to die for, along with their onion rings. Had a couple of fresh oysters - yum.
Our server was super friendly.
Highly recommend. And apparently they are only one of two places in town with a generator should there be a power outage (there was).

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were in Tofino in the winter season and were pleased to find a good quality restaurant open during regular hours. The menu and wine list were very good and the food tasted quite exceptional although portions could have been a bit larger for the expenditure incurred. The service was very attentive, informative and friendly. Although the decor is very well done in terms of creating an intimate dining experience it would be nice if the "pub side" of the facility with its multiple TV screens etc was better separated from the dining side. I will eat here again for special occasions.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

A rainy, cool night in Tofino, but the Shelter provided the right solution. Our server was friendly and knowledgable. He was able to answer our questions about the sourcing of the seafood. My wife and I shared a roasted winter vegetable salad - awesome textures and flavours. After being assured the tuna was caught locally, my wife had the tuna taco. I opted for the moules et frites. The mussels were freshly picked from Cortes Island and were very large (certainly larger than those I'd had in Belgium). The broth was a tad salty for my liking, but tasty witnessed by the fact I mopped it up with the delicious house baked crusty bread. The Pinot Gris worked very well with the whole meal. Watching our waists, we declined dessert.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Good food, varied menu and the chef will work off-menu if you have special needs. Love the atmosphere, food varies from comfort to gourmet.